“Happy with our visit”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

A couple years ago I wrote a review about how unhappy I was with my experience at Mexican kitchen (it was disastrous to say the least) however this time was completely different. It seems Mexican Kitchen has turned itself around and I'm so happy I gave it another chance.

We visited as a group of 5 for lunch on the Saturday of the Easter Long weekend. The restaurant and Freo itself was VERY busy so I really wasn't expecting good things. But alas, all the meals arrived on time, big portions and every one commented on how delicious their meal was. Staff were also very friendly and welcoming - something that was not demonstrated on my last visit. The atmosphere was fun and had character.

I recommend to have a fish bowl and try the cheese dip :)

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed sitting here drinking margaritas whilst watching the action of the International Street Arts Festival. They have regular specials each night. Food is your average Mexican restaurant menu which is perfect if that’s what you desire!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

I'm from the American Southwest and I've been looking for decent Mexican food ever since I moved here. This place has the best I've found so far. The guacamole was surprisingly good as were the tacos and enchiladas. They also do a pretty good job with the rice and refried beans which are a staple of Tex-Mex cooking. Unfortunately they came up short on the nachos. It seems Australians must not understand the concept. One of the easiest dishes to make but I haven't found any that were even decent yet. Anyway, the food was generally very good and I will go back. It's a bit pricey but worth it when you just have to feed that need!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

From the outside this place looks tiny but there's seating downstairs too do don't be deceived!

Our starters and main meals were very tasty but there was a bit of plate juggling as the starter pages hadn't been cleared when the mains arrived but nonetheless this didn't detract from the food which was very good.

If you like your tequila this is the place to be! Other drinks were also reasonably priced and plenty on offer.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

We came in for lunch, the waitress came out offered us drink and water, we ordered our food and had nachos, worst every nachos they were soggy and looked like they had been sitting there for hours. The enchilada we small and tasteless. That evening we all had upset stomachs. Never go there again. Not the cheapest either and not very clean bathrooms. Huge disappointment

Date of visit: January 2018