Glengary Bed and Breakfast
    Excellent 5/5
    • Free Internet
    Very Good 4/5
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsguest loungehomemade mueslib bcomplimentary glass of winechristmas cakeour room was extremely comfortableferry terminallovely homequeen charlotte tracknew zealandone nightgreat receptionprivate bathroomferries cominggreat hostsday hikeother guests
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Gary and Glennys are lovely and caring hosts and their B&B in Picton has all what you are looking for. The breakfast is all self made and really tasty.

It is really worth staying more than one night in Picton (we did 3) to experience Marlborough Sounds + Queen Charlotte Track (a must do in NZ with stunning views and nature), the bush, beautiful walks around the town and lovely restaurants!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying 2 nights with Gary and Glenys. They are so accommodating and have a passion for entertaining. Glenys makes a beautiful breakfast, all home made goodies ranging from muesli to jams to bread and muffins. It's just like staying with family. Their knowledge of the area is second to none and are so very helpful. Will recommend to everyone!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 28 December 2016

We were there for one night and had an early ferry. It is a short walk to the Interislander terminal but too long a walk to the Blue ridge terminal with luggage. They kindly arranged for a shuttle ($10) for us to catch an early morning ferry. They also packed us breakfast to go.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 18 December 2016

Almost 3 years ago I got off the ferry at Picton to drive to Dunedin in a move from Wellington to Dunedin. Almost 3 years later, this time, a friend and myself decide to do some traveling to catch up with each other as we lived in different parts of the world. I in NZ and she in Singapore. As we came on the ferry after visiting Wellington to travel around South Island and the West Coast, I decide to have a night in Picton and visit some of the sights that I didn't the last time. And Glenys and Gary still remember me the moment I placed the booking. I had an email from them to say they were looking forward to have me back. With that, the anticipation for the trip grows. It's always nice to have that personal touch. When we arrive, we were again met with great reception. Rooms and beds and everything else was still in tip top condition. No slips in standards and quality! Breakfast next morning was scrumptious! Homemade muesli and bread and jam and fruits! So delicious. The hospitality was top notch! And we chatted over breakfast and it was lovely as we then almost ran behind our schedule! Thank you Glengary! It's always so nice to come stay your B&B! I will be back again! :)

Room Tip: This is an excellent B&B!
    • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed two nights with Glenys and Gary just after the earthquake in Kaikoura. I had intended to drive along the coastal road to Picton via Kaikoura. Undaunted I took the road inland via Arthur's Pass and Murchison. The drive was absolutely beautiful and a lovely way to start my holiday.
    When I arrived they were most welcoming and the accommodation was excellent with a cold bottle of wine waiting in the guest's lounge fridge. Breakfast of homemade muesli, home stewed pears and plums, yoghurt, homemade bread and preserves were all a delight. Oh and not forgetting the muffin!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo