Book In Advance
Tours from Wilderness Guides - Day Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Wilderness Guides - Day Tours
from US$69.70
from US$112.60
from US$91.50
More Info
All reviews guided kayak queen charlotte track water taxi packed lunch marlborough sounds excellent guide daily lunch accommodation was extremely comfortable safety requirements an exceptional experience kayaking trip pre walk walk tour sea kayaking let them know highly recommend this company furneaux lodge
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

We contracted for the 4 day boutique trip on the queen charlotte track as an independent walk.
We had great accommodations, food directions and loved the trip.
The only things wilderness guides could have done better was a more comprehensive pre trip explanation and more accurate hike lengths. They were underestimated when we added the hike to/ from tavk start to lodging each night. Otherwise, we liked it very much and would recommend it.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

The 2 day walk and 2 day kayak was loads of fun. Wilderness Guides is an excellent company. The guides were friendly, knowledgeable and well organised. The accommodation was extremely comfortable and the food was delicious and plentiful. The company was very helpful and only too happy to answer any queries. The staff obviously enjoy working for and with each other. I highly recommend this company for any of your adventures in the south island of New Zealand. Superb value for money.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed March 13, 2018

This tour group organised our 4 day walk very well and were very responsive via email to any questions we had, nothing was too much trouble. The accomodation and meals were of a very high standard. The track is well maintained and very scenic.We went with a group of 10 friends all around 60 years old. We loved the fact that our luggage was transferred each day by water taxi so we only carried our lunch, water and rain jackets.
Merlin our 23 year old guide was excellent and very mature. He was very knowledgeable about the local history, plants and animals.He managed all the timing of the walk each day and found perfect spots to stop for lunch with magnificent views. Fabulous walk very well coordinated thank you to all the team at Wilderness Guides for everything from the pre walk briefing to the final cleaning of our boots post walk!

Reviewed March 12, 2018

Super company to book through. Took care of all our needs for a party of 6 people. Lodges booked for us were excellent, especially Raetihi Lodge. Food and staff at all Lodges were fantastic. Having your bags transported from Lodge to Lodge and provided great packed lunches each day were great.
Would use and recommend Wilderness Guides again.

Reviewed March 10, 2018

I simply used wilderness guides for a bike rental for my 3 day biking of the QCT. The Kona bike was surprisingly nice, it was a hardtail 29r that could climb surprisingly well.

The one thing that set Winderness Guides apart is as I was doing the trail solo, they wanted me to call in from my nightly stop to let them know I had made it. If I didn't call in, they said they would send someone searching the trail in case I had fallen off and hurt myself badly. Extremely unlikely there would be an issue, but just the consideration I thought was very cool.