Te Whau Lodge(Waiheke Island)
US$351
Enclosure Bay(Oneroa)(Great Value!)
US$233
The Courtyard(Waiheke Island)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$97
Aquasands Studio Apartments(Oneroa)(Great Value!)
US$115
  • Beachfront
Onetangi Beach Apartments(Onetangi)(Great Value!)
US$124
Hotels.com
US$411
The Oyster Inn(Oneroa)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Waiheke Punga Lodge(Waiheke Island)
TripAdvisor
Seadream(Waiheke Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsinfinity poolattention to detailpre dinner drinksstunning viewsevery eveningnew zealandvery special placecourse dinnersecond to nonefour nightsamazing placehalf moon bayworld classspecial treatheaven on earthlittle touchesbeautiful property
Reviewed August 5, 2017

We had a very nice break this weekend at Delamore Lodge. From the moment we departed the ferry we were picked up by Delamore's driver and taken to the lodge in style. The accommodation and overall presentation met up to all our expectations! And the gorgeous setting. We would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Luxurysponge
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

We stayed with our 9 year old son at Delamore Lodge for 2 nights last week. We were blown away with so many facets of our stay on Waiheke...the beautiful views from every part of the Lodge, the unobtrusive service and an overall experience that screamed quality. A totally unique experience that we can highly recommend. We will be back for longer next time!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nicole m
1louis2, Owner at Delamore Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you for your review - we enjoyed having you stay with us.

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

A wonderful place to visit with a group or as a couple! Can't fault the amenities and the service. A special mention to the wonderful John and the incredible Sam. You guys made this experience fabulous for us all. Breakfast and pre dinner drinks and canapés were amazing! We were all pampered and felt very special the whole time. PS the standard of cleanliness and the linen service was beyond amazing!!! Thank you delamore, we will see you again!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicky A

Thank you for taking your time to review
we very much appreciate your lovely review!

Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

As a getaway for my partners birthday, this was the best experience by far. Past birthdays have been overseas but this year work commitments dictated a domestic special treat.
Delamore lodge exceeded my expectations from the minute I stepped off the ferry from Auckland. People have different views about luxury experiences. Delamore offers understated luxury with attentive bespoke service.
The room was beautiful and captured the best of the view and maintained privacy. The bed comfortable and luxurious. The amenities were great.
We have the dinner with Brian. Which was fantastic. Food amazing coupled with excellent service. Nothing to fault. A partnership of Luxury and value.
Having read other reviews I think some must have stayed at a different place.
All I can say to end is thank you for making this birthday difficult to surpass. As I write we have one more day at Delamore. It will be a wrench to leave.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Graeme B
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

This was such a disappointing place. We had been looking forward to a treat after traveling around NZ for a month. Unfortunately it was easily the worst place we stayed.

Firstly we were fighting mosquitoes all night. The a/c points directly at the head of the bed, so we couldn't really crank it up to freeze them out. The walls have the tell-tale signs of many squashed mossies on the conveniently dark wall paint. There was no a/c in the second bedroom and the kids were eaten alive.

Having a look next day for where they were hiding or nesting I found quite poor hygiene in the room - dirty corners and cobwebs on the walls.

Secondly, we had the the very expensive dinner in the hotel - it was very poor. We were served duck with some pate on the plate. We asked for some bread with the pate and were given partially defrosted supermarket bread.

My kids were served very undercooked chicken. It was visibly raw. The waiter apologised but nothing else. On checkout I asked if the manager had heard about it - she hadn't. She offered a small reduction in the price of the kids meal ( I think ten original price was $75). Just before we left we were told that actually the chef said it wasn't raw there was just a burst blood vessel. And that only one of my kids hadn't eaten it. This was simply a lie and quite beside the point.

The pool is absolutely tiny.

The two stars are for the views.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank QQuietroomfan
1louis2, Owner at Delamore Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2017

It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay here at Delamore Lodge, our small team is highly committed to provide the very best to our guests, from the moment of their booking until we bid them farewell.

New Zealand can get mosquito's in the height of summer especially at night, which we do have plug in repellents in all of our rooms which generally work very well.

Unfortunately these will not be fail safe if all of the large sliding doors and windows are left open at nights with lights on which is what happened, any mosquito's can be very annoying and we can understand your frustration. However, we would have happily been able to advise a course of action and support if this had been mentioned on your stay.
Our individual air conditioner units direction can easily be changed via the remote, which once again if you had mentioned this we would have been happy to do for you.

We did have other guests dining that gave rave reviews on the lodge dinner served that evening, along with yourself, when the waiter checked at each course so it is disappointing to receive this complete turnaround in this review.
We do not hold any frozen stock which is why we request dinner bookings prior to guests arrival. Our chef designs the menu to suit specially based off these dietary requirements sourcing fresh local ingredients.
The chicken for your children was cooked it was not served raw, it was checked by first the waiter and then confirmed by the chef. |However, Our waiter without hesitation did apologise immediately that you felt differently and another meal was most certainly and immediately offered which was declined as not necessary.
I personally as the owner approached you directly the following day after speaking to the chef and wanted to reassure you that the chicken was well prepared and there should be no concern especially as your older two children had eaten all of their meals.

I did give a discount on all the children’s meals and did not charge at all for your youngest child's main meal as I wanted to ensure you left happy.

All suites are serviced twice daily, with a final check prior to guests taking up their accommodation. At times some things could be overlooked however we would always endeavour to rectify if there was a known issue. There are no squashed insects nor any infestations.
I did have a concern that an issue may later arise with your stay (social media) as you appeared to have an expectation of a greater monetary compensation. However, on my asking if you and your family enjoyed their stay, you acknowledged you did and your lodge meal was “fine” on departure.
As I had spoken to you and your family several times over your stay asking you how your day was going, making recommendations etc if there had been an issue, I would have expected you would have at the least made mention to me directly on those occasions.
I do recommend for any future guests, we are happy to help if you just let us know of any concerns, our staff are here to help and support you have a fabulous time not only at Delamore but also on Waiheke and new Zealand.