See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 17, 2017

We stayed here for 2x nights in October. Really enjoyed our stay, rooms were clean and cozy and the Owner was very friendly and helpful, let us check in early and gave us some good advice.
We got a deal off grabone and this was excellent value for money. Recommend the continental breakfast - it set us up for the day. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

I stayed a night for a work trip. This place was picked as it was close to where my meetings were. It's not at the tourist end of the island.

Note, there is limited places to eat out for dinner in this area. You'd need to drive or taxi to other parts of the island

The people running this place are really really lovely and I have given them my feedback directly. I accept that they will fix the issues.

I don't think this place will ever get to a 3 star, there's too much work required.

In summary, it's not clean, the room smelt unclean, there were stains on the bedding and the mattress was damp. It was an unpleasant stay.

Unfortunately there were also some noisy guests who partied till 2am. I called reception and it was dealt with but it started back up again a around 430am.

I'd suggest paying the extra and staying somewhere cleaner and more comfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Legna00
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Well not in my unit anyway - just on the step outside. It looked at me as if to say "what's your problem" and just wandered off without a care in the world. I guess they have a vermin problem if the rats aren't scared of humans. Units were clean but shabby and outdated and in need of maintenance and refurbishment. I touched the towel rail and it fell off.

My colleague had no water the second day of her stay and the owner was surprised when she complained. Her TV was also not working. On arrival a child was working reception and claimed that we did not have a booking, so we had to present the confirmation from them to actually get the room.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank FrequentTravellerWLG
Reviewed May 17, 2017

Friendly staff, they had no problem talking to us about the different places to visit and were helpful when we needed help. The room was clean and surprisingly spacious (had more beds than we expected) and the view was fantastic from the lounge within the room. Would definitely recommend this place if you're staying on Waiheke Island.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at Midway many times over the years. If there was somewhere else to stay (motel ) I would. The rooms are clean and sufficient but the manager is continually grumpy and unaccomodating. It is not pleasant dealing with him and he is to be avoided. His partner is nice.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo