“THE BEST”

Ranked #8 of 104 Dessert in Washington DC
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Reviewed February 13, 2017

missed this place so much from when i lived nearby that we went every single night of our 5 night trip. only gained 2 lbs!!! phew.

all the ice cream is home made. sooooo good.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

I've been getting the same thing for 20 years. Chocolate chip cookie and cinnamon. I don't get these flavors anywhere else and I have never tried other flavors here; they are the best!!! The space is a bit run down now and they have added fudge and candy which I have not tried. A trip to Georgetown is not complete with out Thomas Sweet!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 31, 2017

9 of us ate ice cream here on our way to ice skating one evening. Even though it was cold, this ice cream was a wonderful treat while walking the shops! Delish!!!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed January 19, 2017

They make their own toppings as this is also a confectionery. My ice cream was the pralines and cream. Hubby and daughter had peanut butter ice cream with the peanut cup toppings. Everybody devoured their desserts!Limited seating with a college student presence.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed November 27, 2016

If you get overwhelmed by lots of choices, don’t go here. There are so many options. I am sure all are delicious, but that just makes it harder to decide what to order. And whatever you order, be ready for a huge serving. I absolutely recommend it, but I also suggest knowing what you’re in the mood for so you can better narrow down the choices to avoid holding up the line or feeling rushed to decide.

Date of visit: October 2016