“Good ice cream, okay frozen yogurt, very grumpy service ”

Thomas Sweet Ice Cream
Ranked #8 of 104 Dessert in Washington DC
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

I wish the folks who worked here were friendlier. I live nearby but rarely visit, partly because it's so costly but largely because the folks who work here seem angry and crabby much of the time. Ok, it's a tough job, but ice cream should be happy, or at least customers shouldn't be made to feel like someone is randomly angry at all of them! Also, the fro yo is sub-par, especially the mint, which tastes like chemicals. I do enjoy the blend-ins. I just wish they'd be a little more welcoming, particularly at these astronomical prices!

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed February 13, 2017

missed this place so much from when i lived nearby that we went every single night of our 5 night trip. only gained 2 lbs!!! phew.

all the ice cream is home made. sooooo good.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

I've been getting the same thing for 20 years. Chocolate chip cookie and cinnamon. I don't get these flavors anywhere else and I have never tried other flavors here; they are the best!!! The space is a bit run down now and they have added fudge and candy which I have not tried. A trip to Georgetown is not complete with out Thomas Sweet!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 31, 2017

9 of us ate ice cream here on our way to ice skating one evening. Even though it was cold, this ice cream was a wonderful treat while walking the shops! Delish!!!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed January 19, 2017

They make their own toppings as this is also a confectionery. My ice cream was the pralines and cream. Hubby and daughter had peanut butter ice cream with the peanut cup toppings. Everybody devoured their desserts!Limited seating with a college student presence.

Date of visit: January 2017