“Excellent!”
Review of Kyirisan

Kyirisan
Ranked #443 of 3,502 Restaurants in Washington DC
Description: Playful and inventive cuisine, friendly service, and a hip neighborhood vibe, we strive to delight, comfort, and sustain our guests every day and for every occasion at Kyirisan.
Reviewed October 23, 2017

The food was really good. It seems to be Japanese fusion. You pick individual items from the menu rather than a complete dinner. Each dish comes in a bowl and is served "family style"---serve yourself and take from any item the table ordered. We ordered 5 items, which proved to be more than enough for the three of us. They also have a well stocked bar and some unusual drinks in addition to sake and the usual wines and beers.

1  Thank WashingtonWanderer

Reviewed October 8, 2017

This spot in a trendy area of DC is amazing in it's variety of drinks, appetizers, entrees and desserts with a changing menu keeping it fresh.

We had several appetizers all of which were unique, inventive and delicious including a beet dish, raw sea bass with an amazing sauce, duck confit and spicy tofu gnocchi.

My entree was an entire red snapper topped with a cilantro sauce and fried to perfection.

Prices were more than reasonable for the food we received.

I will certainly return on my next trip to DC.

1  Thank Greg Y
Reviewed August 30, 2017

This is a cool place to meet up with friends and coworkers. I liked the decor, angular lines with a mid modern look.
Ordered Duck Confit and the chicken wings. Also ordered the Buddhabowl.
The duck was my favorite. I believe there were shredded brussels sprouts along with the duck. Yum!
This is a true indo-chine fusion place.

2  Thank Masoodclan
Reviewed August 23, 2017

I live in the neighborhood, but not heard of it until recently, so on a whim, with my son visiting from New York, we decided to give it a try... We lucked out, as I believe they had just opened the outdoor patio after a big rain.. Service was excellent, as our server was himself infused with subtle irony, and the sparkling rosè wine impressive. My raw sea bass salad was heavenly and so was the rockfish, both worth alone a return visit. The risotto was good, but we were unimpressed and the basil ice cream, while a clever idea, did not add much to it. The opera cake was excellent, i liked the texture and the subtlety of its flavor.
Overall, a top restaurant that needs to be visited again soon. I definitely want to try the duck confit.

2  Thank Giorgio G
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Ok. First of all ask for Richard ,waiter that is over the top. His suggestion of ordering drink " climate change is real" was spot on. I wanted vodka instead of gin but he suggested I try it and he was so right! The duck confit and the Buddha bowl-- wow! A pleasant surprise! You have to try this place... ask for Richard!

2  Thank billbI5981BI