“European flair and great coffee”
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #257 of 3,705 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: We're a Belgian bakery and restaurant serving simple, wholesome and seasonal food. Le Pain Quotidien means "the daily bread" in French, and like our name suggests, we're bakers at heart. Although our handmade, organic bread is how we got our start, we serve a variety of healthy options like organic coffee, pastries, eggs, tartines, soups, salads and desserts. At Le Pain Quotidien, we believe that food should be simple, nourishing and delicious. That's why we source ingredients that are local or organic whenever possible. We also believe in the importance of eating a healthy, plant-based diet, so you'll find many vegetarian or vegan options on our menu.
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Came for breakfast around mid morning and enjoyed good coffee, avocado toast, and the egg sandwich. Simple and high quality food with an attentive and kind server. Fun atmosphere for a light breakfast or lunch on the way to or from Georgetown.

Reviewed April 18, 2018

It would have been better if I could have gone into the kitchen to prepare my meal. We waited for 45 minutes for a hastily put together plate. As my daughter noted, we did not even order anything warm and it took them 45 minutes for me to get a piece of bread with turkey and avocado thrown on top. Are you kidding me? My 6 year old niece could have thrown this together. VERY disorganized and confused staff. Waitress knew I was annoyed and walked away with my credit card and did not come back. I finally had to ask her to please ring me out. Never again. AWFUL!

LePainQuotidien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

We are sorry that your experience was disappointing at our Georgetown Le Pain Quotidien. Please accept our apologies that you did not have the experience that we pride ourselves in offering our guests.
Please send us an email at questions@lepainquotidien.com with any further information to help with our follow up and so we can make this up to you.

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay in Georgetown, both times for breakfast. My wife enjoyed their omelette very much. I liked their breads and coffee. The fresh fruit was varied and fresh. The service could be a bit better/friendlier, but it was not bad.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant with family when on holiday to DC. Really looked forward to European type food as feeling a little home sick. When we ordered the waitress had no idea about the food she was serving I think she as never eaten there. We ordered food which did not come together so I had finished before everyone else had started. We ordered 2 hot chocolates both of which came as warm milk and cold chocolate which will not mix to actually make hot chocolate. Also the sauce on the waffle was cold so would not pour. When we pointed these things out the waitress was totally disinterested but agreed to change them but still got it wrong so had to ask again. When we had finally got the right food the waitress just ignored us and avoided coming over.

I did get a voucher from the company following this but used it at another le pain and that was even worse see my union station review

LePainQuotidien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

We are sorry that your experience was disappointing at our Georgetown Le Pain Quotidien. Please accept our apologies that you did not have the dining experience that we pride ourselves in offering our guests.
Please send us an email at questions@lepainquotidien.com so we have the opportunity to change your impression of us and make sure that your next meal is both delicious and enjoyable.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

It have ambivalent feelings about Pain Quotidien. On the one hand, the bread can be good: the pain au levain is the closest we have to a house bread: the baguettes aren't bad, though they deteriorate a bit too quickly for my taste. On the other, the cafe food can be generic and indifferent.

Take the quiche Lorraine, for example, which I found nothing less than a vast soggy mess, devoid of flavor and, to my taste buds, also unfamiliar with the cheese and bacon, or lardons, which are supposed to to be its charm. If there was a crust on it, it eluded me. Someone from PQ should take a trip to Paris, or anywhere in France, and buy some frozen quiche from the surgelee food chain Picard ( two of them for under 3 euros) to find out what they are supposed to taste like. They could charter a plane, bring it back stuffed to the overhead bins and make a financial killing out of the operation.

They also need better cheese and charcuterie for their breakfasts, in particular, though the coffee is decent. And a lighter hand on the salads at lunch. But I'll forgive them a lot if the bread remain in the forefront of the Great American Bread Revival

1  Thank FThack
LePainQuotidien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback about your dining experience from our Georgetown Le Pain Quotidien. Please accept our apologies that you did not enjoy your Quiche Lorraine. We have forwarded your feedback to our Food & Beverage team for review.
Please feel free to reach out to us at questions@lepainquotiden.com with feedback at any time. Your comments are the mainstay of our business.