New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

US$39.99*
and up
Washington DC Monuments Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike tours & rentals and SEGWAY tours! We offer the best value for sightseeing. Take a professionally led tour and let our fun and knowledgeable guides share historical and unique facts about the monuments and memorials on the National Mall OR rent a bike and explore the Capital City on your own-we have options to fit the whole the whole family. Free with every rental: helmet, lock, and map. Bike and Roll offers day and evening bike and Segway tours from mid March-mid December. Don't take our word for it - check out what travelers are saying about us in our reviews!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking
Rockville, MD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“THE Best way to see the Monuments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

We went on the Bike and Roll Monuments tour today and had a wonderful time. When we showed up, they fitted us with a bike and a helmet. They had all different sizes so that you could get the right fit. The bikes were Trek comfort bikes and they were in good condition. They also gave us water for our bikes free of charge. Each bike has a large zipper pouch on the front where you can store your camera, wallet, sunglasses, etc. They will also let you store larger bags at their kiosk, however, they are not locked up so I wouldn't leave anything valuable. The tour lasts 3 hours but the pace of the tour was easy and it was not strenuous at all. You stop at each monument and the guide tells you some of the history about it. I found it very informative and learned a lot of new things. Then you get about 10 minutes or so at each monument to walk around and take photos. About mid-way through the tour, the guide had a Cliff bar snack for us. Our guide was Amy and she was a great guide and very knowledgeable about all of the different sites. This is what we saw today:

1. The Washington Monument
7. The Lincoln Memorial
8. The Korean War Memorial
9. The Roosevelt Memorial
10. The Jefferson Memorial

I highly recommend this tour as a great way to see the sites.

2 Thank VTKendra

New Hampshire
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Best part of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

While I would agree that the truly BEST way to do this is right at the beginning of your trip...reason being, it gives you a great overview to help plan your later visits to different attractions. For us, however, the weather did not cooperate and we did this the 3rd day of our visit. It was still great. That Amy must work a lot of hours! She was our guide and did a fantastic job. We went with our 11 and 14 year old sons and they had no problems keeping up......my only small criticism is that some people are sooo clueless about bike riding,.....but it by no means diminished our enjoyment of the overall experience. If we had more time we would have loved to go back and rent bikes and/or do the monuments at night tour. A very high quality organization and well worth the expense. Amy also had some great suggestions for lunch!

1 Thank kristilyn1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take the tour or go it alone?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

We took the Monuments tour last Friday night. I would largely echo what others have said, but the time at each monument was not adequate in my opinion. It felt a little rushed.

So, if you think you will be satisfied by just seeing the monuments, hearing a tid bit or two, and moving on, then it is great. However, if you want to go about it a little more leisurely, I would suggest just renting the bikes and hitting the sites on your own. i'm sure the place could give you the order in which to see the monuments.

Our tour was about 2 and a half hours. I could have used 4 hours. The kids liked it though.

1 Thank ThePartisan
salem nh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great folks to deal with.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

The people at the Post Office Pavillion site were helpful and great to work with. I am very familiar with the District and wanted only wheels, no tour. The equipment was in good shape. Call me old fashioned though. I do like a paper trail and found having no receipt at the time of rental a little different than what I'm used to. Also the drop off process could be streamlined. It was cumbersome to have to wait in line with those booking tours and rentals when I was just there to return the bike. I will however rent from you again on return trips and will look for your company in other cities when we travel.

1 Thank naskarjon
Santiago, Chile
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This tour is unquestionably the best way to see DC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2010

My father (56 yrs old) and I did this tour over the weekend. We had a wonderful time. Amy was our guide from San Fran who knew more than most locals. She made us laugh a lot and learn fun tidbits about DC. I wish I had time to do all of their tours like the one in Alexandria. Take the Monuments Tour if you want to walk in and around the stops. We took the Capital Sites Bike Tour since we wanted to cover more ground and come back to visit the monuments on our own time. Top 5 things to do and see in DC.

1 Thank P M