“Second visit -- hmmm”
Review of Commissary

Commissary
Reserve with OpenTable
Commissary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 3,705 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Cross street: Between 14th & 15th
Transit: From Dupont Circle: Walk 5 blocks east on P St. Commissary in on P St. between 15h and 14th. From U Street/Cardozo: Walk 6 blocks south on 13th St. Take a right and walk one and a half blocks west on P St. Commissary is on P St. between 14th and 15th. From McPherson Sqaure: Walk 7 blocks north on 14th St. Take a left on P St.
Description: Commissary is Logan Circle's casual neighborhood café. We serve breakfast & brunch, lunch & dinner, snacks & smoothies as well as house-made desserts and shakes, along with an expansive daily happy hour. We have a large bar, cozy lounge area, outside café and free Wi-Fi. Our diverse menu is simple and affordable, with breakfast all day, sandwiches, salads and pizza for lunch or dinner, plus a great selection of dinner entrees and daily seasonal specials. Commissary is a perfect any day, any time place.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Well, I remembered it being pretty good ...I was seated outside... quickly. I chose a draft beer... forget which one but it was OK... can tell you it was not Goose Island and had a German name. Dortmunder now that I have the check.
Hummus and pita was ok but there was a little aftertaste in something ... ? Olive oil?
I asked about the curry and the battered fish and chips. Chose the curry and shrimp but was served the fish and chips. Fish was well cooked , good and hot. Chips were fair.
Don’t know if they have dessert. Not offered. $36.30 before tip.
Might try another DC restaurant tomorrow .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to eat for friends and families alike. Great choice on the menu and good quality food. Lively atmosphere and friendly wait staff. Would visit again if I’m back in the DC area.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I saw this restaurant had great reviews so I thought I’d give it a try for breakfast. I ordered the gluten free pancake plate as I am TRYING to steer clear of gluten. Let me just say I’d give up pancakes rather than eat this gluten free pancake. Also, one of my pieces of bacon was burnt beyond what I would serve if you were at my table. I requested a replacement piece along with regular pancakes. I never got the bacon, but did get the lackluster buttermilk pancakes. They required butter and syrup to enjoy slightly. The highlight of my meal was the scrambled eggs...
I likely won’t return...

Reviewed October 8, 2018

This restaurant is really good at a friendly local level
Welcome even without reservation is friendly and helpful
Layout is quirky but fun and it works
All types of ages can go there and feel comfortable
Food range is excellent and portions are large
Really good fresh food and great atmosphere

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

This was my first visits and I was not familiar with their procedures, I walk up with a service dog and sat down outside, not knowing there was a wait for the table, the host Robel told me it was a 25 minute wait and when he found out my guest was week and needed to sit, they was so gracious and allowed us to keep the table, they also brought our dog a bowl will water, I will definitely go back, thanks Robel for your consideration, you're the best!