Hamilton Hotel Washington DC
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$328
US$287
  • Breakfast included
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$479
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$323
US$220
US$194
US$238
US$225
US$555
US$489
  • Pool
The Normandy Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$284
Official Website
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$428
US$497
US$419
getaroom.com
2,530 results
All reviewscrowne plazawhite housefranklin squaregreat locationpark viewhomeless peoplek streetwithin walking distancenational mallrooms are smallhotel restaurantmajor attractionsvery nice hotelfew blocksvalet parkingmetro stationper day
Reviewed March 21, 2012

The hotel is in a convenient location fairly close to the white house and other major attractions like the convention center. Staff are very helpful.

Everything about the hotel is old. When I checked in they mentioned they wll be going through a remodel soon. I really wouldn't recommend staying here until it happens. the only reason they got a 3 vs. a 2 is the staff is really helpful and the hotel was super clean.

Rooms and bathroom are small. Everything but the TV seems old and a little worn.

You can hear things from the hallway and despite being on the 10th floor you could hear lots of outside noise including many police sirons. There was definitely a lot of police activity in the area as well as ladies of the evening and homeless people very close to the hotel but that is the same for many hotels in DC.

What I like about the place. The staff are help helpful, Do not get Pizza at hotel bar. rally bad.

I usually have to stay at this hotel because of a work conference if you are looking for a simplier alternative there is a Hilton Garden Inn right down the street. You ca often get several other hilton properties for the same price as the crown plaze (just not during a large conference).

There is a great build your own breakfast, lunch noodle place right next door. really good food, very reasonable price. Hotel has a shoe shine guy at the back side of the hotel. he does a really good job and there is a Starbucks onsite

Room Tip: Nice people but stay at another hotel until rennovations happen
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank P4620
Sholeh K, General Manager at Hamilton Hotel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington, DC, greater thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback here on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read that you were pleased with our staff service levels and the location of our property was ideal for your last trip, and that the location of our property was ideal for your visit to the city.

As you mentioned, we are preparing our hotel to undergo a soft, aesthetic remodeling that will enhance the look and feel of our guest rooms. Our management staff and designers have carefully prepared a plan to make sure all the items mentioned in your feedback are addressed. We also have a proactive plan that each guest staying with us will not be affected by the soft changes and the enhancement to our Historical property.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we have the pleasure and the opportunity to welcome you once more on your next visit to Washington, DC.

At your service,
Sholeh K. Kia
General Manger

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Hotel staff was great and convenient location however I found it difficult to get a good night sleep because the hotel faces an extremely busy street in DC. If you have business meetings to attend and require a good nights sleep then I would suggest staying at a quieter hotel that has interior rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Donna M

Dear Guest,

I would like to share with you that we are preparing our hotel to undergo a soft, aesthetic remodeling that will enhance the look and feel of our guest rooms as well as addressing possible noise that may be troublesome due to our downtown location. We also have a proactive plan that each guest staying with us will not be affected by the soft changes and the enhancement to our Historical property.

At your service,
Sholeh K. Kia
General Manger

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Traveling to Washington DC a few times a year has led to good and bad hotel experiences. This was one of the good ones. Our party of 3 arrived in late afternoon with our reservation confirmation in hand to find that our reservation had been cancelled. While we never unraveled the mystery (we do have a new office assistant who may have mistakenly reserved the wrong dates or the website booking.com could have been responsible for the error), the amazing evening manager, Walter Escobar, set about to make it right. Although he could not give us the special website price, he offered us great rooms at a sizable discount. The hotel has a cozy bar with a great happy hour which also helped take the edge off a potential nightmare. One of my associates needed a down free room - they were able to pull that together in record time. At every turn, this hotel exceeded expectations. Rooms were attractive and clean and quiet. Will keep this place in mind for our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I spent two midweek nights at the Hamilton Crowne Plaza the last week of February 2012. I was attending a conference and this was the package venue. I had read some disconcerting revues so my apprehension was on high alert. I was very pleasantly surprised! This is an extremely nice hotel. My room, king bed, was very nice. It was clean, had a decent bed, nice linens that actually fit the bed, plenty of creature comforts, in room coffee (Starbucks), very nice bathroom, all was very good. I purposely looked for something that was amiss and finally found something, no full length mirror. Wrong, I opened the closet door and there it was. Another observation that prior reviews had complained about was noisy rooms and thin walls, not so for me. It was very quiet inside the hotel and outside street noise was buffered very adequately. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The restaurant and lounge was very nice with very good food and service. It may seem pricey but remember this is downtown DC in a very nice facility. It's very competitive. Finally, this facility is very centrally located to both The White House and Congressional buildings. I would stay here again and definitely would recommend it to my family, friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank GreatLakesAdvocate
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great location. Close to metro or a $10 cab anywhere in the city for two of us. The lobby is beautiful, and the staff is great.

• Stayed: February 2012