District Hotel Washington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Rouge Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
Wyndham(Washington DC)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Please do not stay at this hotel... I stayed 2 nights this week. Room is so dirty you can't leave your socks, wires hanging from the ceiling, pigeon pooing on window (window never cleaned), staff obnoxious (really unpolite), breakfast included but so disgusting you don't want to it, wifi free but inaccessible because too weak...

Not 1 thing I would recommend this hotel for... Whatever price it is, believe me it is not worth it

ah, forgot to add, the linen were disgusting too

Room Tip: Don't choose any room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband and I recently stayed in this hotel, the trouble started when we walked into they hotel and found out that they elevator was broke and we had to walk up four flights of steps. As we settled in our room it was alright for a couple of hours,until I discovered a large black roach on they wall above our bed. My husband immediately called they front desk and told him about they bug and asked for a checkout and money back, they sent someone up to see they bug and told us to collect our items and checkout. Once we got downstairs my husband requested to checkout and for us to receive our money back, they front desk agent spoke with they manager over they phone about they incident,they did not want to give us a full refund and instead offered very little money. After going back and forth with they concierge who was trying to get they manager on the phone to negotiate a deal. After no response and they same offer,we resulted in calling the police,when then got our full refund.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tynnraymond
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This hotel was THE WORST hotel I have ever stepped foot in. It was absolutely disgusting. There are bed bugs, and no sheets on the bed. There was mold growing on the ceiling right above the bed and you could see that it was falling down on to the pillows. There were DC rats running all over the place. I was honestly afraid for my health in that place. The room was AWFUL. The front desk person Alex was rude, unhelpful and totally untrustworthy. I am totally DISGUSTED with this hotel and I cant believe it hasn't been condemned. I will be reporting this to the BBB.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, the hotel next door Helix is 10 times better, cleaner and safer for almost the same price.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Esteph T
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I was booked in here while on a research trip during January, and it's probably the worst place I've stayed in 20 years. It's sad and dilapidated, not very clean (the standard of housekeeping was low), and very noisy because the walls are paper thin (I felt like I was having a communal shower with the guys in the room above). The first room had a broken bed & broken telephone, so I was moved to a second floor room with a broken sink & broken iron. Just thinking about the bedding makes me shudder (though I'm quite picky about that). The breakfasts are stale and horrible, there's no coffee-making in rooms, only an urn in reception with polystyrene cups, and cockroaches (I had breakfast at the coffee-shop on the corner of 14th St). I didn't feel particularly safe and there is NO actual safe at all. It was, however, very cheap, and now you (and I) know why. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Bella S
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Now look this isnt first class but in DC expect to pay $500 a night for 5 star. I book the room at their Youth Hostel site and saved heaps. I had to pay for two people a night but had a private tiolet / shower nice large room and bed. Never saw bugs etc but admit it was dated but again I paid under $100 a night (I think close to $80) and got good service from the guys that was at the front desk. The breakfast that was included was okay, I hate when people book the cheapest hotel then write reports of how it should be 5 star. Not as bad as many of the reports. If you are so posh pay the big money.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the property are best. I asked for one and got it. Call ahead.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo