All reviews verizon center irish pub free breakfast irish channel gallery place metro station great location h street valet parking national mall chinatown area yogurt few blocks breakfast staff the breakfast area hotel is located within walking distance metro stop
Reviewed June 17, 2016

I stayed here with family for part work, part tourism. The location is pretty ideal for either as its a few blocks from the metro, walking distance to most attractions, and near tons of restaurants steps away.

I've had years where I was in hotels 250+ nights/year and I rarely review chain hotels, but wow they're doing something different and awesome here.

EVERY SINGLE INTERACTION WITH EVERY SINGLE PERSON HERE WAS STELLAR.

From the maintenance guy to the concierge to the manager to the people at breakfast in the kitchen to the cleaners.... everyone is really really nice and truly eager to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

I've seen nice people at boutique hotels before and helpful people who get direct compensation like waiters, but man everyone here and I am not joking was super great.

They weren't like the overly friendly annoying service people but attentive, anticipatory, polite and happy.

So kudos to the staff and leadership at this hotel. They get my highest recommendations on everything because of their OUTSTANDING SERVICE.

5 STARS!!!

Room tip: higher floors are quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank davidlross
Jim R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Thanks for such an awesome review! We hope to see you back again!

Chasity White
Front Office Manager
(202) 697 4010

Reviewed June 7, 2016

When I checked in, the front desk clerk was very friendly, welcomed me as a Marriott Rewards member then promptly checked me in. When I confirmed my request for a room on a high floor away from the elevator, she froze and then said it was her 1st day. That slight delay didn't seem to faze her as she asked for help and ensured my request was granted. The room was comfortable and quiet. As I like to walk, it was not hard for me to get to the White House or any of the monuments. 2 different Metro stations are within a very short walk. The Verizon center and all the restaurants around it are also a short walk away. Lots of dining options in the area. The free breakfast was satisfactory and a good way to start the day. All of the public areas were clean and well maintained. Free wi-fi is always appreciated and I had no problems connecting or staying on the system. Would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Many Thanks!

Chasity White
Front Office Manager
(202) 697 4010

Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

If you are attending a sporting event or concert at Verizon Center, this is a good hotel choice. The hotel is a very short, easy walk to the stadium. The neighborhood is a bit sketchy,especially at night, but there is a good police presence. Our room was clean. The bed was uncomfortable for me-very hard mattress, but if you like a firm mattress, you will like that. Bathroom was fine. Free breakfast was good. There was eggs, sausage links, hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast, oatmeal, cereals, fruits, yogurt, muffins, French toast sticks, juice and coffee. The manager of the breakfast area was very friendly and took time to speak to everyone and welcome them. Winnie at the front desk was very welcoming when we arrived. It is $42 dollars a day to park, but that is similar to other parking areas, and the breakfast kind of makes up for it; I could never find a cimolete breakfast in D.C. for 3 people for under that price.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dotnbri1
Jim R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2016

Thank you for your review! If you ever back in Washington, DC, we would love to serve you again.

Reviewed May 31, 2016 via mobile

The hotel has a great location. Its not far to walk to the white house and the mall. The room is also good, bit otherwise I'm a bit dissapointed since it was quite expensive. The breakfast was bad. Like in many american hotels the breakfast is all papermuggs and paperplates which you would never find in a swedish hotel. It feels very cheep. You couldnt even cut the french toast because they were so hard. And there was a man holding a speech at the breakfast which was a bit annoying.

The cleaning was not good either. The first day we came back to our room at 5 pm tired after a long walk they had not cleaned it yet. So we had to sit in the lobby and wait. And they havent refilled our coffe in the room.

The only plus sides are the location and the free coffee 24 hours a day.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sofie J
Jim R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the breakfast not meeting your expectations. Additionally, I apologize for your room not being cleaned by the time you returned to the hotel. I have shared your feedback with the hotel housekeeping team to ensure that this was an isolated issue and is fixed moving forward.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Washington, DC.

Reviewed May 31, 2016 via mobile

The Fairfield Inn and Suites, H Street, Washington, DC is located right in the heart of everything. Great choice when visiting DC. Walk, Metro, Uber. Great value. Breakfast included. Good hot food!

Angie is the concierge. A wealth of knowledge and a real nice person. When you are traveling you can always use "inside" information. Start with the concierge.

The entire staff is friendly, personable and professional from valet to breakfast staff, front desk and maintenance.

All kinds of cool diverse people right in Chinatown.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank itsyourbiz

Thank you for the kudos to our wonderful staff. Angie, in particular, is absolutely an asset to our operation. We hope to see you again!