“Arrogant Bartenders”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 21st Street
Transit: Dupont Circle and Foggy Bottom located three blocks MStreet Bar & Grill. From Dupont Circle Metro Stop, walk down New Hampshire Avenue to M Street NW. From Foggy Bottom Metro, walk toward M Street 4 Blocks, restaurant is at the far corner of M Street coming up New Hampshire.
Reviewed April 27, 2015

I really enjoy staying at the St. Gregory, but my opinion about the M Street Bar & Grill is less enthusiastic. The bartenders looked at me like I was suspicious. Maybe because I am young (27)? I had a voucher for a free cocktail, so I ordered a jack and coke. The bartender gave me a coke, so I politely corrected him. Actually, he asked me what I wanted twice before getting my order wrong. The two bartenders looked at me weird while studying my ID, then they whispered to each other with their backs to me while I waited. I am very professional while ordering at a bar. I understand the importance to check ID's, so I always have it pulled out before they can ask me. Maybe the bad service was due to the obnoxiously loud students from James Madison University, and they may have associated me with that group. Who knows? However, I recommend the M Street Bar & Grill's staff change their arrogant attitudes. You are in customer service. I know the frustration happens. I work in customer service too. This does not excuse the bar's bad service.

Reviewed April 18, 2015

Staff was very accommodating for us as my wife is hearing impaired. Food was wonderful and service excellent.

1  Thank scottl690
Reviewed April 17, 2015

My mother and I were staying at the hotel the M Street bar is located in (I do not recommend it) and we went in for a champagne brunch and waited by the sign that told us to do so. After 10 minutes of waiting I found a manager who told us they'd stopped serving brunch.

The website said 3pm, it wasn't even 2:30 and we'd been waiting since the top of the hour. So when my mother and I walked across the hotel lobby where the bar part of restaurant is located to ask why the website was wrong he told us they closed the kitchen at 2:30 and served only champagne until 3. Then he said he'd told this to me 10 minutes ago. He was either lying or confused, and either way he then made apologies and excuses about not opening the kitchen so close to closing.

He didn't offer us a reservation or discount for the next brunch or any other meal. Or even champagne that was still being served.

It was 2:28 when we left upset and hungry.

But hey, maybe the food was good, we never got a chance to find out.

Reviewed April 8, 2015

We were hungry; just moved into our hotel across the street. It was late. This was the closest restaurant. That's the best I can say about it. Actually no. The Bar is quiet and is a pleasant space. But the food was predictable - american basics like hamburger and fries. If you have to eat something - it's ok.

Reviewed April 4, 2015 via mobile

The atmosphere in the M Street Grill was very nice. We were there with a large group and seated in a semi-private area. The bread was NOT good, which was disappointing, because I LOVE bread. My salmon was good, and my husband's steak and fries was okay, but both were overpriced. It was satisfactory but we won't be back.