“Good but I felt expensive”

Red Velvet Cupcakery
Ranked #6 of 63 Bakeries in Washington DC
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Reviewed March 19, 2018

Just walking by we could not resist the stop. They all looked so good. We just wanted one. I think it was salted caramel? We cut it in half and ate it on the spot. The guy told us we could have eaten next as that was their place too. It was very good, but a bit expensive I thought for the size.

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

We stopped by the cupcakery because we heard they had gluten free cupcakes. We bought 3 and everyone loved their cupcakes! They were delicious. They had both gluten free and vegan cupcakes. The prices weren’t bad either.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

They were pretty good but nothing to go out of your way for. We were in the area so got a half doz and took them next door to eat with our coffees. Like I said they were good, but unless I was walking by I would not go out of my way for them. Flavor selection was limited.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Love cupcakes and these were tasty! Sampled a Red Velvet and Summer Lemon/Coconut combo. Wish we had purchased a few more. Small store with no seating but I would make the walk back there next time we're in the area!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Stopped by over the weekend and had the cookies n' cream cupcake. It was DELICIOUS!!! The cake was moist and the icing was not overwhelmingly sweet. Will definitely return on my next trip to D.C.