See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 26, 2018

Let me explain that I researched just about every inexpensive hotel and AirBnB to find the perfect one for our family. After we arrived I realized immediately I had booked the wrong hotel! Since it was spring break nothing else was available in our price range that I could find immediately so we decided to stay here the night and decide what to do the next few day. Also, we knew we wouldnt be in the room much so we thought as long as there were no bugs that we could manage.

The first thing we always do is check for bed bugs which I am happy to report there were none! However, while checking for bed bugs we saw a HUGE blood stain on the mattress, holes in the comforter and sheets, and stains on the pillow cases. We went to ask for another set of sheets and comforters and the clerk just looked at me...very strange.

The ice machine did not work and we had to drive about 5 miles to get ice from a gas station.
The drawers did not open so we had to live out of our suitcase.
The bathroom door would not close all the way and latch.
Every evening we got back to the hotel we had to take the key to the attendant to reactivate.
There were pubic hairs on a few of the towels.
We couldnt sleep at night due to the amount of sirens and large trucks driving by.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Ashley, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the atypical service inconveniences you experienced. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2017

second time at a motel 6 in washington dc. Asked for a not smoking room and lower lever. Room smelt like smoke and was on second floor. Being disabled I do not do stairs very well. Black tape on the smoke detector. Commode had to lift the top of tank to make it flush, furniture was broken draws did not open. Ads say rooms are remodeled according to Tom Burnett. Well walls were painted new.
Have stayed at both motel 6's in dc and will never again.

Room Tip: rooms face road or parking lot
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Washington DC/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

Dear Michael, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard your reservation and the inconveniences you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2016 via mobile

1345 4th St. NE, DC, just off New York Ave. This is an industrial area, with a "farmers market" nearby. Lots of big truck traffic, if Ur a tourist u can't walk anywhere nearby to c anything good. This will not make a good home base for visiting all the tourist areas.
This place is dirty, two story basic Motel 6. No pool, small dirty rooms, lots of shady people staying here. No good nearby fast-food or restaurants.
I'm from the area and would never stay here, especially with family or girlfriend.
Try somewhere else, there's a Mariott courtyards about 2 miles from here.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank riva9129
Reviewed November 24, 2015

DO NOT STAY HERE, several hundred dollars of clothes and jewelry was stolen over the weekend of Nov 21-23, 2015. I called to report it to the manager, Ryan Morgan, he was quick to tell me that they are not responsible for lost or stolen items, so I am SOL!!! I think it was one particular housekeeping staff member!
If you don't value your stuff then stay here but if you have anything of value stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank 910lynn
Reviewed September 27, 2015

Motel6 Chains are everywhere in USA and generally acceptable and good.But for D.C I can't say same thing.For D.C hotel prices goes up and it's hard to find a good budget hotel.A Motel6 fun I chose Motel6 DC convention center.Firstly location is not good.There are no grocery,restaurant something like that.There are alot of wholesale markets like Union Market.One day night I went to Seven Eleven to buy cigarette near to Noma-Gallaudet metro station.It's far from the hotel and a little bit scarcy at night.For Public transportation you can walk to Noma Gallaudet subway station.You can also walk to union station for dc circulator bus and it's good for National Mall.Because It was far from the attractions.Hotel was not refreshed and renovated it seems old.Area very noisy and hotel walls are thin you can hear all of things from street and next room.AC also very noisy.My room was clean.Staff on reception is not helpful but is not rude.Hotel parking is good and enough.The key receptions gave us did not work at every night for our stay.For every night I went to reception to fix problem.I came the door of my rooms and gotcha key didt work.It's a joke.It was interesting experience.Wifi policy is good and you can use free of charge but there was connections problems due to signal weak.If you near receptions it seems ok.Overall for D.C it's so so.If you can find another hotel for same price ,I would recommend you avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank yozkul
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Washington DC/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our standards for quality rest on the promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.