5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$231
Hotels.comUS$223
Agoda.comUS$223
TravelocityUS$223
Orbitz.comUS$223
All reviews the national portrait gallery architectural details historic bank building bank teller robes and slippers small touches romantic weekend penn quarter room service downstairs bar the bed was super comfortable an amazing hotel room door hotel is centrally located the check in desk great shower national mall
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2021 via mobile

The best hotel D.C. have to offer from the moment I check in from the moment I checkout... My experience was awesome thanks to the great staff at the front desk.... Alexis,Morgan and Taylor you ladies are the best.... Period!!!! I can’t thank you ladies enough... See you again sometime soon Thanks again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 76candyh
Riggs Washington DC, Owner at Riggs Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Good Afternoon and thank you for having chosen Riggs DC for your recent stay in DC. We so appreciate your kind words about your recent stay in February and great comments about Alexis, Morgan & Taylor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. My best, Shane.

Reviewed February 21, 2021

Riggs DC: A hospitality guru's dream, an interior designer's vision board, and an architect's visual buffet. In other words, Riggs DC is bar none to the other hotels in the DC-area, details for days in every ounce of the hotel. The staff at Riggs radiated positivity and professionalism in each and every interaction that I had at their hotel. In the heart of some of DC's best offerings , Riggs is family-friendly location—just a stone’s throw to the metro, several museums, theaters, galleries, Chinatown and restaurants/bars.

We stayed in January 2021. While we couldn't see their smiles via the mask, (applause for the COVID cautious health and safety implementations), I could feel the positivity emanating from the staff. Starting with the valet, they kicked off our staycation with enthusiasm, kindness and an all around good vibe. All those things and more continued to the front desk as we checked in with Morgan (who is so kind, knowledgeable, patient and provided a complimentary upgrade). I could go on and on, but all this said, as someone who finds it hard to have “me-time” these days (as many do) and was wondering if a staycation was worth it—I say , "Yes, 100% worth it!”

We can't wait to do it again! Friends have already booked with Riggs after I raved about it. Soo...thinking about staying at the Riggs? Please do, you won’t regret it. Kids and dogs would love it, too!

Date of stay: January 2021

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Riggs DC as your residence during your stay in DC. Thank you for your kind words about Morgan and you totally experience during your visit. We truly appreciate all of the great feedback you provided to us and have shared it with our team. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon. My best, Shane.

Reviewed February 20, 2021

You will not regret choosing Riggs DC. After an unforgettable experience in December, I was thrilled to return for an anniversary celebration this February. Dawit at the door brought my hungry mood up instantly with his bright smile and assistance, and as always, front desk staff (specifically Morgan Rika and Taylor on this evening) were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

The space is impeccably designed from tip to tail and I felt COVID-Comfortable throughout the hotel and Cafe Riggs (stunning and delectable in its own right.)

Veronica and everyone at Riggs have always made for stupendous staycations and I am counting down the days to our next visit!

Date of stay: February 2021

Dear Maria, thank you for having chosen Riggs DC for your recent stay in DC. Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay in February and great comments about Rika & Taylor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. My best, Shane.

Reviewed February 19, 2021

I'm a picky traveler and I could not find any fault with this property. The bedding, shower, food, and service were all on point. Aesthetically, it's one the most beautiful dining rooms I've ever eaten in.

Date of stay: February 2021
Veronica Panameno, Guest Services / Front Office at Riggs Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2021

Dear ampay,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Riggs DC as your residence during your stay in DC. We are pleased to learn we made such an impression during your visit and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 17, 2021 via mobile

Absolutely impeccable!! Everything from concierge, front desk, room service, bar service, and Cafe Riggs was top notch from beginning to end. The hotel was super clean. Staff exceptionally professional. Management is definitely up to par at this hotel and although it was a staycation for us, we would definitely stay here again. Honestly I could go on and on. We travel quite a bit but to say this property with stellar service is in our own backyard makes us very proud. Wonderful job Riggs!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear An0nym0us_Traveler13,

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday weekend at Riggs DC! We are delighted to read that your stay was exceptional from beginning to end. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.