Lowest prices for your stay
GardenInn.com
PricelineUS$118
Hotels.comUS$112
StayForLongUS$138
1,675 results
All reviews harris teeter union station metro stop front desk staff hotel restaurant very nice hotel capitol hill noma block hgi neighborhood valet cvs mattress elevator uber refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2020 via mobile

My stay here was ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS!!!!!

1. The water pressure in the shower was TERRIBLE borderline non existent
2. The only water offered in the hotel was TWO DOLLARS!! ( & it's not like there was any place to get complimentary water, like hotels usually have)
3. There were MULTIPLE signs in the hotel that offered "contactless room service" however this isn't true, if you call for room service some one answers the phone to let you know that there is none
4. There's also no house keeping so garbage piles up in the garbage can in your room. They tell you to put your garbage out in the hallway for house keeping to pick it up but no one ever comes to pick it up
5. Multiple things that they promote are exaggerated or not available
(i.e. Outdoor garden sitting area was never open & 24hr snack "Pavillion" was just a drawer with candy bars in it next to guest service, this is also where the $2 water is)
6. On the last day we had NO WATER!
They apparently scheduled for a plumber to to do work on the WHOLE HOTEL on 9/28 from 10:30 PM- 5 AM (there were only 2 signs letting guests know this was going to be happening, 1 on each elevator) however when we woke up at 11am ON 9/28 the plumber was already there & the water was shut off!!!
So we couldn't shower, I had to use bottled water (that we bought from the grocery store because we didn't want to buy 1 bottle for $2) to brush my teeth & wash my face & we couldn't flush the toilet... DISGUSTING!!!

The ONLY reason why I gave this place a 1 star instead of 2 is because the guest service was GREAT!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Mea7777
Reviewed July 20, 2020

Visited 6/24/20 amid Covid. We had a great time and we were made to feel at ease and safe. The front desk that staff that day was incredible. Being from out of town, Mark was very helpful in suggesting places to go to eat and in directions to get to diiferent places. Plus the hotel was very clean and very comfortable. Beds and the room was perfect.

Room tip: "Upper floors have less noise"
4  Thank Matt M
Reviewed June 30, 2020 via mobile

Analogous to the review from Norman of June 18th, the entire hotel absolutely unequivocally wreaked of marijuana. I have a P100 daul filter mask that rid most of the smell when wearing it but damn if I didn't feel like I was getting a secondary high just walking down the hallways. So much for cleaning super thorough. Also, the harassing homeless population is overwhelming. I've had a lot of stays in DC and this was up there for worst. Additionally, while the manager was super nice, other staff flat out sucked. Like, it was obvious they didn't want to be there.

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed June 18, 2020 via mobile

The hallways and elevators reeked of marijuana. Arguments in the hallways and adjoining rooms were the norm. The homeless aggressively badgered you and the maid service was stopped during my stay. I was never told about this and only learned after the first day when I asked. You literally had to beg for towels and the halls were an obstacle course with the trash and carts the employees left out. All the while the staff ignored these problems and shrugged their shoulders. Never again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 292normanp
Reviewed March 12, 2020

I had a great 1 week stay at this hotel. The staff were friendly, and the breakfast had nice options. The room was clean. The elevators were really fast which was nice. There are lots of food options within walking distance, including a major grocery store next door to the hotel which was great! I'd stay here again for sure.

Date of stay: March 2020