“Pi is Always Fun”

Ranked #36 of 3,775 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Description: Penn Quarter location of this small chain.
Reviewed November 15, 2018

A salad, a pizza, and a couple of beers! That's the ticket for a fun supper. We split a large salad (the Bada Bing, which is field greens, toasted almonds, gorgonzola, dried bing cherries, with raspberry vinaigrette) and a 12 inch Western Addition pizza (mozzarella, baby spinach, mushroom, onion, ricotta, feta, garlic) with whole wheat crust. Both were really good. Pi has a good selection of beer on tap. Our server was friendly and helpful and treated us well. One drawback: they don't have decaf coffee. But overall, Pi is a fun evening, especially now that the tourist season is winding down and it's less crowded. We will be going back.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed November 13, 2018 via mobile

We ordered a really different Argentine pizza, I don't remember what it was called. It had beef on it. We loved it! Would definitely go again.

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

For years I’ve craved a true authentic Chicago pizza. This is where the crust is flaky and the sauce is spread over the cheese. I was at a wedding in Chicago tears ago and got the taste. Being a native Washingtonian, and traveling to everywhere but Chicago I never fed my craving...until now!! We discovered Pi Pizzeria by an internet search. Pi has great seating areas. It’s roomy but quant. The menu is amazing. The choices of pizzas is mind boggling!! We started with garlic bread. All I can say is WOW!! It was perfect. Then a salad, which was crisp and light. I ordered a traditional pizza my wife ordered a mushroom pizza. AMAZING!! Crust was flaky, the sauce was rich in flavor and the cheese was perfect. True to Chicago pizza, the sauce was over the cheese!! Do yourself a flavor, check out Pi for a real deal Chicago pizza!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

5 stars for service, 1 for pizza. We had the most classic one, just mozzarella, red sauce and fresh basil on a thin crust. There was way too much cheese and too little sauce. In scraping off the cheese, we tried to restore the balance, but the sauce turned out to be meh. It resembled Chef Boyardee frozen pizza from the 1970’s.

They were doing a roaring business. I would not recommend for a date or for grandma because it is too loud.

Nice atmosphere visually, good for kids, maybe the fancy pizzas are better?

Reviewed October 28, 2018

Lots of choice, fast service, a decent price, and great ingredients. Nothing exemplary, but an all-round enjoyable meal. Having never had Chicago style pizza before, I'm not in a hurry to try it again but I'd happily have a normal pizza here.

Date of visit: October 2018