“DC visit”
Review of Taft Bridge Inn

Taft Bridge Inn
Ranked #12 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Although I could not stay with my friend in town because his flat is too small, the people at the hotel really made me feel at home in Washington. Having breakfast with other guests around the table is something I did not experience so far, and it is a very good opportunity to exchange experiences. The atmosphere is great and rooms are cosy and clean. Worth a visit!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I have stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn several times over the years and the experience has always been wonderful. Located on a tree lined street in a quiet upscale neighborhood, you'll find a very cozy and iconic victorian home. The beds are very comfortable and the place is immaculate and clean. I love the character of the home and the wonderful staff. Jennifer cooked up an amazing breakfast served on china at the dining table and provided humorous and insightful tips about the city. It is very family friendly but also ideal for the single traveler. I just enjoy walking into a home away from home instead of a generic hotel experience. It's a hop skip and a jump from the excitement of Dupont Circle but also a nice walk to the zoo and the river.

Room Tip: I"ve stayed in three rooms in two different floors. South sided rooms are sunnier but all are q...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I were visiting our son in DC. Our stay at the Taft Bridge Inn was great. We stayed in a queen room on the third floor. It was very roomy with a sofa and two easy chairs. The bathroom was nice, and it was very quiet,despite being on the street side. The public areas of the Inn were great. Breakfast was acceptable, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a shared bathroom. Their website is well done and explains things well.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My stay at the Taft Bridge Inn was simply stated "lovely". Even with the front bedroom on the street side it was unbelievably quiet, a welcomed amenity in a crazy busy city. The staff was very accomodating even in my late arrival and was more than willing to accomodate me.
I agree Jennifer is very friendly and fun too! I loved that from this Inn you could pretty much get anywhere. I took the bus, walked and hailed cabs very easily.

Room Tip: Front room on the right of the entrance..........dont hesitate to take it!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn for 3 nights and really enjoyed my stay. The inn is quaint, cozy, and full of character. I stayed in a cute single room on the 3rd floor and found it to be bright, fresh and clean.

The room had a shared bathroom with other rooms but I did not find this to be a problem as I originally thought I would. I had the choice of two bathrooms to use and felt as though both were my own as I never had to wait to use either one. And they were kept very clean at all times.

The breakfasts were great! I enjoyed Jennifer's homemade mini quiches, banana bread and granola cereal. There was a fridge on the same floor as my room for guests to store left-over restaurant take-out. I always eat half a meal only so having this option was appreciated.

The inn is in a lovely, safe neighbourhood and is a short walk to the Metro. If you're a walker like myself, the inn is only a 20-25 min walk to the White House and downtown area.

I would highly recommend this inn for anyone staying in Washington. For solo travellers, the price is right compared to other accommodations in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Globetraveler74
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Just returned from a one week stay at this wonderful inn. It has an unbeatable location with easy accessibility to all of Washington D.C. and the surrounding area. Beautiful Victorian which feels like a home away from home. The common areas are very comfortable. The staff could not be any better. Jennifer greets you every morning and is always concerned that you are having the best stay. The breakfasts were delicious. The Inn is also located a short walk to wonderful areas of Washington filled with great restaurants, bars, coffeehouses, and many other amenities.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My sister and I spent 3 nights at the Inn and all I can say is I can't wait to get back! We were greeted with fresh-baked cookies, our room was beautifully decorated and accommodated two guests very comfortably. Jennifer was so helpful that I feel I left a friend behind, and she cooked and served delicious breakfasts (amazing mini quiches and homemade banana bread, for instance). The furnishings are tasteful and elegant and you feel transported to the previous century. Great restaurants within walking distance, along with the Phillips Collection (great museum). The owner, Yoshie, has created a remarkably warm and friendly place where top notch service comes with real heart.

Room Tip: Room 17 was quiet and comfortable for two siblings (twin beds). I'd love to stay in room 18 next...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family