“Reliable and Comfortable B&B” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taft Bridge Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Taft Bridge Inn
Ranked #11 of 37 Washington DC B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Reliable and Comfortable B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I have been staying at the Taft Bridge Inn for more than a decade and just love the place! It is a truly charming bed & breakfast that provides the kind of personal comfort that hotel chains can't even imagine. The breakfast is hardy, the house is quiet and the location within walking distance of Dupont Circle, provides you with a wide selection of restaurants, banks, and other local retailers. I go to DC for business but the Taft Bridge Inn would work for a family trip as well. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms with the shared bath are a super bargain if you want a clean room to sleep and you don'...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Kinderhook, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn on many occasions and I can't begin to tell you how lucky we are to have found it, thanks to our daughter who lives in the neighborhood and whom we visit frequently.
All the rooms are charming and nicely furnished. The parlor and dining room are very inviting and breakfast represents a great opportunity to chat with other guests from different parts of the world. The entire inn is impeccably CLEAN! We've never stayed in a more spotless place.
The inn is in a quiet residential area and yet within walking distance to public transportation and restaurants. Who could ask for more?
We're anxiously looking forward to our next visit.
Jacqueline

Room Tip: we prefer the rooms on the 2nd floor that are quite roomy.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I have stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn many times, sometimes on business, other times for leisure. All of the rooms I've stayed in are lovely. The breakfast is truly special. If you'd like to see how it feels to live in DC, stay here. The metro is close by, as are great restaurants and shops. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Davidson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Loved the Taft Bridge Inn! My 10 yr old daughter and I stayed there for 3 nights in May. It's a beautiful old home with lots of charm and character. The staff were all friendly and helpful. My daughter is gluten free so I brought our own bread which they kept in the kitchen for us and included in her breakfast each morning. The location is perfect - 1 mile walk to the zoo and about 10 minute walk to the Dupont Circle metro. Lots of fabulous restaurants within walking distance and I always felt safe walking with just the 2 of us. We'll be staying there again the next time we visit DC!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Although I could not stay with my friend in town because his flat is too small, the people at the hotel really made me feel at home in Washington. Having breakfast with other guests around the table is something I did not experience so far, and it is a very good opportunity to exchange experiences. The atmosphere is great and rooms are cosy and clean. Worth a visit!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I have stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn several times over the years and the experience has always been wonderful. Located on a tree lined street in a quiet upscale neighborhood, you'll find a very cozy and iconic victorian home. The beds are very comfortable and the place is immaculate and clean. I love the character of the home and the wonderful staff. Jennifer cooked up an amazing breakfast served on china at the dining table and provided humorous and insightful tips about the city. It is very family friendly but also ideal for the single traveler. I just enjoy walking into a home away from home instead of a generic hotel experience. It's a hop skip and a jump from the excitement of Dupont Circle but also a nice walk to the zoo and the river.

Room Tip: I"ve stayed in three rooms in two different floors. South sided rooms are sunnier but all are q...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I were visiting our son in DC. Our stay at the Taft Bridge Inn was great. We stayed in a queen room on the third floor. It was very roomy with a sofa and two easy chairs. The bathroom was nice, and it was very quiet,despite being on the street side. The public areas of the Inn were great. Breakfast was acceptable, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a shared bathroom. Their website is well done and explains things well.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple