“Vacation ”
Review of Floriana

Floriana
Reserve with OpenTable
Floriana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 3,368 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Q Street
Transit: DC Metro-Red Line-Dupont Circle (Q Street exit)
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

One of the best places we had dinner in Washington. You can seat outside as well, better to reserve for outside seating. It is a house turned in a restaurant adding to the charm of the place. The food was fantastic. The pasta is home made. The calamari was excellent.

florianarestaurant, Manager at Floriana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are very happy that you enjoyed the ambiance, food, drinks and service! Our staff will be pleased to hear your comments. Thank you for the feedback and we can't wait to serve you again!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

My date made a reservation for what we thought was a Saturday evening...well we showed up, and guess what? The reservation was for Sunday! And FLoriana's was packed! Still, the maitre d' was very kind and offered us outdoor seating...we were so grateful! And it was the perfect night to dine al fresco! We had Luis the waiter and he guided us through the menu. I had the lamb gnocchi and my date had the everything pasta plate...and it did have everything! I started with mussels and was very pleased with the taste and presentation. He had the calamari with citrus...who knew a bit of grapefruit would make a grilled calamari even better? Excellent wine, excellent bread...a very fun and knowledgeable waiter...perfect dinner. Very romantic restaurant!

florianarestaurant, Manager at Floriana, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for writing your review and sharing your experience, Cathy! We are very happy that you continue to enjoy the complete dining experience at Floriana and have chosen to share so many details. Our entire staff will be pleased to hear your comments. Thank you for the feedback and we can't wait to serve you again!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Very enjoyable Italian restaurant. Upstairs dining room is small, but the tables aren't jammed so closely together that you're uncomfortable. They do have a nice outside dining area, but we chose to eat inside based on the weather.
Our meal was very good, service was excellent and I'd return, Restaurant Week or not, as the regular prices were reasonable for location and value.
The Lamb Gnocchii was delicous as was the Eggplant Agnolotti and the Lobster Taglierini.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Checked out this place during Restaurant Week tonight and it was Phenomenal!!! Our waiter Billy wasn't fantastic and helped us through the menu and with local things to do after we dined! Will definitely tell everyone I know that it was a wonderful evening at Floriana!

florianarestaurant, Owner at Floriana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for your amazing review of our restaurant, Matt! We are very happy that we could deliver you our 5 star experience during Restaurant Week. We can't wait for the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Recently came here with some friends after a conference and from the moment I walked in, I was in love with the place. It feels like you are having dinner with family and friends as it is in a townhouse style building. I had the lobster taglierini and it was some of the best pasta I have ever had. It is definitely a wonderful place for a special occasion, and I hope to return there on my next trip to DC.