“Excellent for breakfast”

Ranked #219 of 3,553 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Went for breakfast, prices are good, selection of food is good and possible healthy solutions. Coffee was very good

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Easter weekend in D.C. the Corner Bakery was right up the street from my hotel. I ate breakfast here both mornings and the food and variety was excellent. The second morning our food took a little longer to be brought to the table and my family's food was hot, but my breakfast sandwich and bacon was room temp at best but still good. I only have one regret...I didn't try the Cinnamon creme cake !!!

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

This swanky little cafe was next to our hotel so on our first morning touring the City, My hubster and I popped in for food before beginning our tour of the National Mall Monuments and Museums. Our first breakfast in DC consisted of eggs, bacon and four of their light n' fluffy buttermilk pancakes, with WARMED syrup and REAL butter! Yummmm! Great staff, and super clean!

Reviewed March 28, 2018

We stopped in for breakfast and our meal was nothing special. Eggs were not real eggs and the bacon was brunt. The line was long and our table was half washed off. The staff member taking our order was friendly but the staff member who delivered it to our table was not. The tray of food hit the table with a thud and our food was placed before us, that was all. No hello or need anything else not even eye contact. Shortly after that a homeless man who had wandered in from out front approached our table asking for money. He was eventually chased out of the restaurant but returned again a short time later. We ventured out to try and find a place that was a bit less expensive than our hotel breakfast. There isn't much open on Sunday morning in this area. I would not return.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

We got the turkey avocados with corn salsa and side salad (loved the dressing), highly recommend. It was prepared perfectly with crispy bacon and toasted very nicely. They have a good system where you order, get a number tag and the server brings it when it's ready. We enjoyed lunch, just thought $10 was a little heavy for the sandwich, but I guess you're in the heart of Capitol Hill and perhaps that comes with a higher price tag. Surprisingly good for a chain.