“Go someplace else!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: Florida Avenue
Transit: Buca di Beppo is approximately a 10-minute walk from the Metro Dupont Cirlce stop, exit NQ.
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I took the family here for dinner and naturally drew the short straw on the lackluster server. When asked for advice on portions for a large vs small platter, he said the large fed 4 people. There were 4 of us and we were really hungry so we ordered a large pasta bowl, a small one and a small salad. We requested more bread which never arrived in the first round of asking.

When the pasta arrived we asked where the salad was and he actually said, "What, they never brought it?" How about YOU never brought it guy and just let us know it was an oversight instead of making an excuse. While waiting for dinner I was very observant of the others receiving their dinners without the "they" delivery system.

The large pasta bowl is large enough to feed at least 6 hearty eaters and we left behind at least 1/2 the bowl due to traveling and having no way to support a to-go box. Our server virtually had no apology or concern as to weather or not we were satisfied with our dining experience. Our dinner bill was in excess of $90.00 for 2 pasta bowls (1 large, 1 small), NO SALAD, 2 pepsi's, an ice tea and one sangria. This was not a good bang for the buck in my opinion and I couldn't even chalk up the value being good due to the service because it was poor.

We will not be back here.

There are newer reviews for Buca di Beppo

Reviewed 21 July 2017

My sister and I went to dinner at Buca di Beppo with a friend, and left stuffed!
We sat in the main room, where the decor was cute but the blender at the bar was a bit loud. Our waiter was very friendly, and we went with his suggestions and split the calamari and spicy chicken rigatoni. Both were tasty and filling, although the serving sizes weren't as large as I had expected. (This restaurant serves everything family style, so we got the small pasta to share between the three of us). We had some room for dessert, and went with the manager's suggestion of the tiramisu when she came around and said "hi" to our table.
The tiramisu is a nice big slab of dessert, but was probably my least favorite dish; it's a very heavy tiramisu, so if you're looking for that light fluffiness you might want to skip it and try the cake!

All in all, a festive and friendly restaurant that serves yummy pasta! I'd definitely go back if I was in the area and in the mood for Italian!

bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Ciao! I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful time at Buca di Beppo! We pride ourselves in delivering great service, food, and overall enjoyable dining atmosphere. Thank you for your helpful review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I order from Buca di Beppo twice per year. It is great for feeding a large or small group. Their carry out service is flawless in its execution. I appreciate that they think of everything and provide you with everything. Great for an office party or shower.

Thank you for the lovely review from your recent experience at Buca di Beppo. From our Famiglia to yours, we look forward to celebrating with you again real soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We heard so much about Buca di Beppo that while visiting D.C., we finally were able to try.
The deco was fun, but we were very disappointed with the food, it was ok, but just okay, we have had so much better Italian food elsewhere. And the cherry on the cake was the "tiramisu"... of tiramisu it had only the name!
Our server was nice and knowledgeable, but a bit overwhelmed at times.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Went to dinner Friday night the 8th with 14 of my family prior to our cousins wedding. Great service by little lady who was friendly accommodating and on point. Food was plentiful and tasty and hot. Bill was reasonable . Overall very pleased with the experience. Much better than one on Davie Florida. Great job team