“Great view, average food, high price”
Review of Sequoia

Sequoia
Reserve with OpenTable
Sequoia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 3,368 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 30th
Transit: Ten minute walk from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station (Orange/Blue lines)
Description: AN ART SPECTACULAR The newly renovated Sequoia Restaurant is filled with contemporary art featuring Hitoshi Kuriyama's neon sign, glass, vacuum tube light installation in the main dining room, Isidro Blasco’s Lincoln Memorial in the lobby, and Arne Quinze's large-scale, site-specific sculpture in the garden as well several smaller art installations. Located on the banks of the Potomac River in Washington, DC, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer magnificent views of the Kennedy Center, Roosevelt Bridge, Roosevelt Island, Key Bridge, and the Virginia skyline. Dine in the main dining room, on the mezzanine, outside on the terrace, or in the private state room and enjoy some of the finest American cuisine in Washington, DC.
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the view of the Potomac River. Had a fried cod fish sandwich without bread. Was good. Desert was listed as a lemon chiffon cake. could not taste lemon & was a heavy dense cake (vice light as chiffon usually is) - awful.
Service was satisfactory.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Having my dinner by the river has always been one of my favorite moments, the restaurant is so cozy and convenient, the staff was friendly and helpful. My family was so amazed by the place. I still have it on my list next time i visit D.C.

1  Thank Mohamed Amr I
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Sequoia is amazing! The food, wait staff, ambiance, presentation of food was impeccable! I would absolutely eat here again! I had the filet mignon it melted in my mouth. I was cooked perfectly . we had a party of five they do not rush you they make sure your drinks are filled without disturbing your conversations, I highly recommend eating here.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Been here by boat numerous times and the waterfront location is both convenient and beautiful. Visiting here by boat is even better then when I lived in this area and the drinks are good and served by a nice staff.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This was our first time dining here and Micheal was our server. He was efficient, attentive, professional, and personable even though the restaurant was super busy. Our meals apps through to desserts were fantastic. I loved the ambiance as well as the view of the water. Apparently they just completed a 10 million dollar reno and it shows. So pleased that the service matches the decor!! Would highly recommend.