“Great view, average food, high price”
Review of Sequoia

Sequoia
Reserve with OpenTable
Sequoia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #374 of 3,537 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$40 - US$75
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 30th
Transit: Ten minute walk from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station (Orange/Blue lines)
Description: After almost 30 years, we are still so proud to be one of DC's extraordinary establishments and the Sequoia you know and love. The newly renovated beloved restaurant is located in the Washington Harbour on the Georgetown Waterfront, right along the banks of the Potomac River in Washington, DC. The vast floor-to-ceiling windows offer magnificent views, and our interior design is just as amazing as our surroundings! The entire restaurant is filled with contemporary art featuring Hitoshi Kuriyama's neon glass tube light installation along the ceiling and Arne Quinze's grand colorful sculpture named Scarlet in the garden as well as several other art installations throughout. We also offer incredible options for Private Events & Catering! So please come back to enjoy yourself again and revel in some of the finest cuisine & cocktails DC has to offer, while soaking up some of the best views in the city right on the water in Georgetown.
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the view of the Potomac River. Had a fried cod fish sandwich without bread. Was good. Desert was listed as a lemon chiffon cake. could not taste lemon & was a heavy dense cake (vice light as chiffon usually is) - awful.
Service was satisfactory.

1  Thank RadioWaveRM3

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Having my dinner by the river has always been one of my favorite moments, the restaurant is so cozy and convenient, the staff was friendly and helpful. My family was so amazed by the place. I still have it on my list next time i visit D.C.

1  Thank Mohamed Amr I
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Sequoia is amazing! The food, wait staff, ambiance, presentation of food was impeccable! I would absolutely eat here again! I had the filet mignon it melted in my mouth. I was cooked perfectly . we had a party of five they do not rush you they make sure your drinks are filled without disturbing your conversations, I highly recommend eating here.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

Been here by boat numerous times and the waterfront location is both convenient and beautiful. Visiting here by boat is even better then when I lived in this area and the drinks are good and served by a nice staff.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

This was our first time dining here and Micheal was our server. He was efficient, attentive, professional, and personable even though the restaurant was super busy. Our meals apps through to desserts were fantastic. I loved the ambiance as well as the view of the water. Apparently they just completed a 10 million dollar reno and it shows. So pleased that the service matches the decor!! Would highly recommend.