“Nice southern food”
Review of Georgia Brown's

Georgia Brown's
Reserve with OpenTable
Georgia Brown's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 3,535 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$29 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: Between K and I Streets
Transit: We are conveniently located near the McPherson Square metro station on the orange and blue lines. Exit the metro at Vermont Avenue and walk one-half block North on 15th Street. Traveling on the red line stop at Farragut North. Walk two blocks east on K Street. Turn right at the corner of 15th and K. We are mid-way through the block on the right.
Description: Come and experience our lively interpretation of South Carolina Low-Country cuisine. Enjoy good southern food, servers who bubble over with hospitality, and a dining room that is truly distinctive. With its honey-colored walls, golden woods and bronze sculptures that crawl across the ceiling, designer Adam Tihany has created an atmosphere to awaken your senses. What better place to enjoy low country cuisine than in this contemporary environment celebrating the south. Offering the flavor of the South - the Soul of Washington; where we will be sure to leave a light burning in the window for you, our guests.
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Service is great, attentive and prompt. Food selection is wide, focusing mainly on southern food.

Ordered the Texas Steak which is a bone-in rib eye steak and it was done to perfection.

Highly recommended !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,358)

Reviewed September 11, 2017

When I came here I was expecting it to be like me when I leave a cookout or a family gathering. Feeling overly stuffed and wanting more! But I have to say the entree was very much NOT flavorful which is saying a lot considering I ordered Gumbo...

However, let's start with the good. Customer Service was TOP notch. She was very knowledgeable and very attentive. And her bussers were also very attentive and made sure I got my fill of cornbread which was GREAT. And shaped in little lady finger type things. The other good thing was the honey butter! (Also they had Krystal hot sauce.)

I ordered a Dark and Stormy and it was made great - sometimes when you order this drink you have have flat soda or flat ginger beer. But it had neither. To start with - we ordered chicken livers which were cooked to perfection - I took those back to my hotel to nibble on. Were they the best I've ever had in my life. No but they were very good considering.

Next came the main course - I ordered the Gumbo based on the waiters suggestion that they're known for that dish - and when I say it wasn't flavorful it wasn't. It seemed like the rice needed some salt and the Gumbo itself needed some more cajun seasoning. What killed it is it had the It had the Caj but was missing the un... lastly - since it was my birthday I had to have a dessert. Shouldn't have done that.

I ordered some bread pudding ... more like dense dry cake. I expected it to be drenched in bourbon sauce, but it was NOT. The best part of this dessert was the ice cream which gave it some kind of moisture... so props to you ice cream. You the real MVP.

And last but not least - my fiance ordered the fried chicken - apparently something else they're known for. I didn't taste that so I won't comment on it - but I will comment on the collards... which didn't taste like they were cooked long enough and on top of that they weren't chopped. So I looked a bit silly trying to get forkful of this huge collard leaf. These also seemed to be lacking flavor. The star of the show was the MAC and CHEESE. They definitely had some sort of fatback or other fat rendering so good on you person who made the mac and cheese.

With all that I know now - I would've just ordered a side of mac and cheese, and chicken livers and called it a day.

1  Thank Cristina C
Reviewed August 30, 2017

If you lower your expectations for the food and just want to say that you ate there, it is ok. After eating there, I have to agree with the locals and say that it is not worth the price. But you can enjoy the Gospel Brunch atmosphere.

2  Thank Faye_CH
Reviewed August 29, 2017

You want something to talk about? Well let’s talk about Lance at Georgia Brown’s in DC. I must give a million thanks to his excellent customer service. Our group included several seniors and persons with disabilities, Lance made sure we were seated comfortably and felt sincerely welcomed to Georgia Brown’s. Not ending the review there, one member of our group left her jacket, which was not only located but delivered to our hotel, again I told you this is the type of service you want to talk about. If you are ever in the DC area be sure to visit and tell Lance hello. Lance from the bottom of my heart thank you for your service.
Lola’s Girls DC Trip 2017
Georgia Brown’s 8/27/2017

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Actually visited twice wthin about two weeks. Good for me! The first visit I had the Devil Shrimp and loved it. It's their second best seller. Crab stuffing with spinach and their very special mac and cheese. Also had the She Crab soup. So tasty! What's the number one seller you ask? The fried chicken. I enjoyed it too. Tender chicken and very tasty. Service was quick but didn't rush us. I'll return for sure.