“Amazing pasta reasonably priced ”
Review of Vapiano Chinatown

Vapiano Chinatown
Ranked #89 of 3,724 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in due to a recommendation from a friend. The pasta chefs were friendly and had many suggestions for how to make the many choices more spicy or different ingredients to add flavor. I had the linguine with Alfredo. It was rich and creamy with the perfect amount of cheese. It was amazingly good. They have pasta with butter and cheese for kids. The pasta is shaped like airplanes and of course my kid loved it and ate every bite. My husband had the linguine with shrimp in a cream sauce with some extra spice. He loved it. They gave us bread and all of the tables have oil and vinegar on them for dipping. Amazing experience with friendly staff.

Date of visit: November 2018
Thomai N, Public Relations Manager at Vapiano Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Oooh, thank your friend for us, Hawkgirl72!! Thank you so much for following the recommendation and coming in. We love the review. So happy, you and your family had a good time. Please, see us again, soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

If you want fresh and tasty, this is your place for casual Italian. I had the pizza which sported simple yet fresh and tasty pizza. Nothing will be too spicy. The chili sauce is mild. For those who don’t like spicy this place is great.

Just because they have an electronic card system doesn’t mean your order will be flawless. You may stilll need to check in case your order gets lost (which ours did).

At the end of your stay you can get a gummy bear (or two). See you there!

Date of visit: October 2018
Thomai N, Public Relations Manager at Vapiano Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Hi Steven, love the review. Sorry to learn that your order got lost. But we are glad, you still enjoyed it once it was recovered ;-) Thank you very much for the generous rating. We hope, we will see you back at our place, soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

When you get tired of burgers and Mexican foods, go to Vapiano for nice pizza, salads, pasta or Italian desserts. Vapiano’s concept makes you feel at home since you also probably have one in your country. The servings are generous and the foods are always delicious.

Date of visit: September 2018
Thomai N, Public Relations Manager at Vapiano Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Thank you, Beukel, we are glad, you feel at home at Vapiano. This is a perfect review. Thanks for dinging with us here in DC and all over the world.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

I've been a loyal returning customer for past 5 years mainly visiting DC restaurant at 1800 M Street. This was my worst experience where I've had prior issues at this location but this was the worst:

Started with employee named Oliver in chef station who was not preparing my food and spitefully instructed employee preparing my side salad she could not add red onions unless imposing a charge when she was being kind and he chose to do his job with a hostile attitude. Then he went up and down the chef stations uttering hostile gossip about my order. When I complained about his attitude with Elsa, Asst Mgr it went from bad to worse. She defended his attitude saying he was doing his job while herself arguing and being hostile. After having my pasta meal, I asked Elsa about mini desert promotion and if she would offer coupon as had been offered last week at M Street location. She refused to match what other location offered for allowing me to use desert coupon on visit and when I pointed out Asst Mgr at M Street was much more kind in allowing me to use desert coupon on visit she began to argue saying she finds I have issue with her every time I come to her restaurant. I let her know I have much better experience at other location and have had issues with her in past. She continued to show more hostility till I had to tell her to leave me alone. I told her I would be sure to document my bad experience and she again claimed she was doing her job. It doesn't seem an Asst Mgr's job is to show outright hostility and humiliate a customer that is seeking to be treated with kindness and hospitality as experienced at other location. Additionally, the chef forgot to add spinach to my pasta that I got charged for.

I WILL NOT RETURN TO THIS RESTAURANT AND WILL ADVISE ME FRIENDS ABOUT ISSUES WITH THIS LOCATION!!!

There are plenty of better choices in Chinatown.

Date of visit: September 2018
Thomai N, Public Relations Manager at Vapiano Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Hello Howard, we have received this review on other platforms, already and had the chance to talk to you in person. We are glad, that we could listen to your concerns and issues you have experienced. Thanks so much.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Rather than having table service, you go to a counter that offers various Italian dishes. They take your order and buzz you up when the food is ready. My wife and our friends really enjoyed their dishes. I had a calzone that had a whole lot more breading than filling.

Date of visit: September 2018
Thomai N, Public Relations Manager at Vapiano Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Hello Randy816, thank you so much for choosing Vapiano. We are happy to read that your wife and your friends enjoyed their dishes. We just wished, we would have known about your Calzone. We would have loved to make it over for you. Please, visit us again and never hesitate to connect with out staff. We are here to make it perfect for you. Thank you again. Your Vapiano Team