“Nice place, tucked away”
Review of Rumors

Rumors
Ranked #459 of 3,558 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$16 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Reviewed August 26, 2017

One of my dads friends ran this place back in the 80s and when we walked past it, I recognized the name and we went in. It was pretty affordable for DC and the service was good. I had crab cakes, and they were properly done. My dads buddy would have been proud

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Most of food was ok. Expect higher prices for dc area. Lollipop lamb chops were great. Jambalaya see.ex sparce on both andouille and shrimp and have on chicken. Chicken and sausage well over cooked. Seasonings good but dish was dry...
Creme brule a bit overcooked. Cheesecake was ok, but served with cool whip (plain laziness in my book). Won't return.

Reviewed December 8, 2016

There were four of us and we ordered several things and shared. Atmosphere is casual.
For desert, order the waffle with strawberries and whip cream....delicious.

Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

While visiting from NYC we had the pleasure of dining at Rumors twice.
The waiter who we were lucky to get was very polite and handsome! He recommended the crab cakes special and it was amazing! The crab tasted very fresh. They even made green salads for us that weren't on the menu.
The second time we ate there was during the day and we chose the outside patio. My partner had the Crisp Grouper sandwich and enjoyed it. I went for the crab cakes again!

We will definitely eat here again while visiting DC.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

Stumbled across Rumors tonight after a very long walk around Washington. Each had a couple of drinks and ate clam spaghetti and jambalaya. Really attentive service, never waited for another drink. Food was excellent, extremely tasty. Check it out!