“Surprisingly good”
Review of Zaytinya

Zaytinya
Reserve with OpenTable
Zaytinya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,487 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$31 - US$32
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G St.
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown station. 9 th & G St exit on the red, green and yellow lines.
Description: Zaytinya offers an innovative mezze menu inspired by Turkish, Greek and Lebanese cuisines, under the direction of renowned chef José Andrés, served up in a sleek and modern setting. Shared small plates, creative cocktails and unique Mediterranean wines make this spot one of DC’s top dining destinations.
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have to admit that I wasn't looking forward to eating at Zaytinya after looking at the menu online. I'm not exactly an adventurous eater and the dishes seemed a little unusual for my taste. I was even more skeptical when we sat down and were handed our menus, which say something on the cover about how this meal will change your life.

I was with a large group and we ordered a bunch of small plates and several bottles of wine. The food was fantastic and so was the wine. I ended up trying a number of dishes I never would have ordered otherwise. The service was also quite good. My only complaint was that we had a reservation and still ended up waiting about a 1/2 hour for a table even though it was a Wednesday evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,916)

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Always a good place to go. Food and details are perfect. Picky eaters will find something tasty! Would give 5 stars if the meat portions were just a bit larger -or- if there were more varied meat options. We wound up ordering 2 of each meat plate for our group of just 4.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Had a delightful lunch and could not have been more pleased. THe Avgolemono Soup was maybe the best I've ever had. The deserts were perfect too

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Waited for about an hour (not so much fun with a 5 year old) but the food was great. Very knowledgeable server, as well.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

The service and food was average at best. The mean was overcooked and though.