Open today: 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.

Ways to Experience George Mason Memorial
from US$49.00
from US$35.00
from US$49.00
More Info
All reviews tidal basin founding fathers nice statue united states under construction national mall virginia rights author constitution declaration memorial fdr tourists hat info
Reviewed January 17, 2017

This Memorial is not crowded. At least not crowded in January. It is a nice memorial and I found it interesting as I felt compelled to read more about George Mason after seeing it. I saw it right after I went to the Jefferson Memorial. It's not on the same scale but it is very nice.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed December 29, 2016

On the south end of the Tidal Basin path, this small but interesting memorial is located. George Mason was very involved in the creation of the Bill of Rights, and this honors him very well. Plenty of seating in the area, it was a nice resting spot for us before we continued on to the Jefferson and Washington Monuments.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed December 22, 2016

I was heading to another tourist spot when I noticed this memorial on the way. What I liked most about it was how nicely decorated the area was with various plants and nature with the George Mason statue at the end of it. If you need a breather during your sightseeing trek of Washington, this would be an ideal place to rest up and learn more about George Mason.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed December 18, 2016

As I was walking around the tidal basin touring the big memorials, I stumbled across this one. It was very nice.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed October 26, 2016

Nearly hidden from view on the path from the Korean War Memorial to the Jefferson Memorial, lies a small tree covered spot with a life-size bronze statue seated upon a bench. At first glance, it appears almost whimsical, much like the modern statuary popping up in parks around the country. I urge you to approach this gentleman, read the tutorials, and develop an appreciation for his great contributions to our country. We are all keenly aware that Thomas Jefferson was the primary author of the Declaration of Independence. Many are aware that James Madison was the principle author of the Constitution. This man, George Mason, bears credit for the Bill of Rights, though was long denied attribution because of his failure to support the new constitution due to its failure to forbid slavery. He is a hero, both in his foresight that provided the foundation for the bill of rights, and the early projection of his abolitionist stance. Stop, read, appreciate, and thank him before moving on.

Date of experience: October 2016