“Tucked away”

George Mason Memorial
Reviewed February 27, 2017

The George Mason memorial is really close to the Jefferson Memorial, but it's tucked away just off the major roadway. It's actually worth walking on back there, although when we visited we had the place entirely to ourselves. It seems that it's a pretty low-trafficked memorial. I guess when you choose not to sign the Constitution, this is your penance.

All reviews
"fdr"
"tourists"
"hat"

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

Memorial to a founding father whose contribution to our country like his memorial overlooked. Close to Jefferson Memorial construction around the memorial when we visited. I I hope they upgrade the grounds around the memorial. Jefferson called him a mentor and Washington said he was the smartest man of his generation.

Reviewed January 17, 2017

This Memorial is not crowded. At least not crowded in January. It is a nice memorial and I found it interesting as I felt compelled to read more about George Mason after seeing it. I saw it right after I went to the Jefferson Memorial. It's not on the same scale but it is very nice.

Reviewed December 29, 2016

On the south end of the Tidal Basin path, this small but interesting memorial is located. George Mason was very involved in the creation of the Bill of Rights, and this honors him very well. Plenty of seating in the area, it was a nice resting spot for us before we continued on to the Jefferson and Washington Monuments.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 22, 2016

I was heading to another tourist spot when I noticed this memorial on the way. What I liked most about it was how nicely decorated the area was with various plants and nature with the George Mason statue at the end of it. If you need a breather during your sightseeing trek of Washington, this would be an ideal place to rest up and learn more about George Mason.