Open today: 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Book In Advance

from US$13.50
from US$24.26
from US$13.50
More Info
All reviews tidal basin founding fathers important historical figures nice statue across the street united states under construction national mall virginia rights author fountain constitution declaration memorial fdr tourists
Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

Memorial to a founding father whose contribution to our country like his memorial overlooked. Close to Jefferson Memorial construction around the memorial when we visited. I I hope they upgrade the grounds around the memorial. Jefferson called him a mentor and Washington said he was the smartest man of his generation.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed January 17, 2017

This Memorial is not crowded. At least not crowded in January. It is a nice memorial and I found it interesting as I felt compelled to read more about George Mason after seeing it. I saw it right after I went to the Jefferson Memorial. It's not on the same scale but it is very nice.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed December 29, 2016

On the south end of the Tidal Basin path, this small but interesting memorial is located. George Mason was very involved in the creation of the Bill of Rights, and this honors him very well. Plenty of seating in the area, it was a nice resting spot for us before we continued on to the Jefferson and Washington Monuments.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed December 22, 2016

I was heading to another tourist spot when I noticed this memorial on the way. What I liked most about it was how nicely decorated the area was with various plants and nature with the George Mason statue at the end of it. If you need a breather during your sightseeing trek of Washington, this would be an ideal place to rest up and learn more about George Mason.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed December 18, 2016

As I was walking around the tidal basin touring the big memorials, I stumbled across this one. It was very nice.

Date of experience: December 2016