Open today: 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Book In Advance

from US$13.50
from US$150.00
from US$13.50
More Info
All reviews tidal basin founding fathers important historical figures nice statue across the street united states under construction national mall virginia rights author fountain constitution declaration memorial fdr tourists
Reviewed June 30, 2017

This monument is located near the Tidal Basin and the Jefferson Memorial. The monument and the nice engravings nearby are well worth taking a few minutes to read and reflect upon. Benches to sit on are near.

A hole in the ground in the area may be designed for a fountain, but if so, the fountain or water feature was not operational when I was there.

I highly recommend taking a few minutes to stop by this monument when visiting the nearby Jefferson Memorial.

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

At a tangent off the trail around the tidal basin, this memorial is quieter than most and inviting for a calm observation, almost romantic.

Like other memorials in the National Mall, it is well kept and has a pleasant overall design.

Though I wouldn't really recommend going all the way here just for this memorial, it is easy to combine it with the Jefferson and/or the Roosevelt Memorial.

Reviewed June 17, 2017

This was marked as a "To Do" for us as we walked around from the JFK Memorial to Jefferson Memorial, and yet it felt like most people didn't take the time to visit this one.

A Very cool statue and photo moment with him sitting on the seat - it feels like the city itself has forgotten about him with no water fountain or feature. I think an extra 5-10 min in calling in this Memorial is a worthwhile attraction when visiting Washington.

Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

Facinating❣My boyfriend and I decided to just up and go on a long weekend. It was wonderful we actually went for memorial weekend they were is a lot to do.

Reviewed February 27, 2017

The George Mason memorial is really close to the Jefferson Memorial, but it's tucked away just off the major roadway. It's actually worth walking on back there, although when we visited we had the place entirely to ourselves. It seems that it's a pretty low-trafficked memorial. I guess when you choose not to sign the Constitution, this is your penance.