“Great Salmon”
Review of Bistro Bis

Bistro Bis
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Bis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Transit: Union Station
Philadelphia
“Great Salmon”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Had some of the best Salmon I've ever had. Service was great. Wine list is pricey and just okay.

Visited February 2012

• Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very nice experiences, fits the hotel well”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at the George last weekend as I was in town for an event and really enjoyed the restaurant and think it's a perfect match for the boutique style of the Hotel George. The place is not huge, but the style and ambiance are perfect and the food is everything it's reputation and prices would leave you to believe.

I ate there twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. For lunch, I had the duck leg and peaches which was as delicious as it sounds, and for dinner I had the sea bass which was perfectly prepared and brought out the subtle delicacy of one of my favorite pieces of fish. I also had a chocolate dessert which was amazing and I've attached the picture so you can get all get jealous and have to go try it yourself.

Staying at the hotel alone, I liked this place because the night I had dinner and the next day at lunch, both times I met random people at the bar and made quick friends and had a good time talking with them. I think this sort of thing says a lot about a place and I can't say enough about Bistro Bis.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank KevDough
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food but very noisy at dinner”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Bistro Bis provides excellent french bistro food and very good service, but the noise level during peak times makes it hard to talk.

Boulder, Colorado
“Reliable spot for a special dinner”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Two years ago, I selected this restaurant for my birthday dinner because it was a top rated restaurant with uniformly positive reviews, no disappointed people. It is also less expensive than some. The food was excellent -- I remember the best pork chop I have ever had in my life. When I commented on this to the hostess as we left, she commented that a pork lobbyist had said the same. So, I decided to return for this year's birthday dinner, and was not disappointed. For one thing, they obviously have a pastry chef and had a number of interesting, unusual and food-styled desserts. Functioning as the restaurant for the George Hotel, this restaurant is open every night, whereas most French restaurants are closed on Sunday. The location is within easy walking distance of Union Station, which is a Metro stop.

• Visited February 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Nice!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Went there for desserts and drinks after our night out. Wonderful desserts and great drinks! Wait staff was excellent!

Visited February 2012