Residence Inn Washington, DC/Capitol
US$109
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$152
US$168
US$149
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

The River Inn(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$229
The Watergate
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$159
US$151
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$400
US$132
Fairmont.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

US$131
US$119
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

US$186
US$170
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
1,108 results
All reviewspizza place next doorfederal centermon wedbedroom suitemetro stationwithin walking distancesmithsonian museumsfull kitchenrailroad tracksbusiness districtfree breakfastyogurtair and space museumpool and hot tubminute walkstove topfew blocks
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I loved everything about this hotel! We had a party of 6 and stayed in the 1BR suite w/2 queen beds and sofabed room. If there was one thing I didn't love is that me & my husband slept on the sofabed, I've never seen a real comfy one!! But we were so tired we slept just fine. The hotel check-in was great, BIANCA was the best! She was friendly and so willing to help us out with places to eat in a family setting. When we had mentioned my daughters birthday brought us here, she gave her a complimentary in room movie!! I loved the setting being the more quiet end of town. Still very close to the National Mall and all the museums. The parking deck was very convenient. The breakfast was wonderful with what I've always called the "flippy waffles" with chocolate chips/whipped topping/blueberry/strawberry toppings, scrambled eggs, red roasted potatoes, sausage gravy/biscuits, sausage, oatmeal/toppings, cereal, yogurt, etc... with plenty of seating. Our room was very clean and spacious. My husband loved the HD ESPN channel! We also used the pool area, which was nice but small. A large group was using the pool when we got there and they were loud and not real curtious to others, but not the hotels faught. Could here the train when it would go by, but it was not loud by no means. We will definitely use this hotel anytime we are staying overnight in DC. Thanks for a great stay!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank alklinelovesvacation
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Enroute to DC, I had managed to lose my credit card and my phone. Upon arriving at the hotel the desk clerk was able to check me into my room early and provided a free upgrade stating "hopefully this will help make your day a little better". The hotel was extremely clean and the beds were comfortable. My only complaint is that the fan would kick on during the night and make a horrible vibrating noise. One night it actually kept me up throughout the night. They sent an engineer to check into it the next morning. And, although it did occur again the next couple of nights, the noise level seemed less and it didn't occur quite as frequent. I'm thinking we just had a bad room, which was also the reason it was so easy to get into. Anyway, our stay was pleasant. Only recommendation is that the hotel offer additional services, such as shuttle and money services. The desk clerk and manager went out of their way to assist me with some travel needs, but were limited in what they could do - to no fault of their own and not for a lack of trying.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mtleith
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel in February with a family of four.

It is in a neighborhood with businesses, which means it was quieter at night. I wouldn’t call it desolate. There are restaurants nearby, and it is within blocks of the Mall. If you are looking to be close to nightclubs or sit-down restaurants, then this is not the place. We are used to quiet, so we appreciated it.

There is a train that runs behind the hotel. I did hear it slightly at night (thought at first it was thunder), but it didn’t bother me in general. However, beginning in the morning, it does blow its whistle for some reason. This is the same time that other guests begin getting up and using the elevator and slamming their doors, so you’ll probably be awake anyway. If you live in a city or other noisy area, you probably won’t notice any of the noises as this is not a noisy area, day or night. We also felt quite safe walking in this neighborhood, and in all of downtown for the most part.

We had a Queen/sofa bed room, so there was a separate bedroom that had a door which closed between it and the “sitting area.” With the door closed, the bedroom was fairly quiet at night according to my husband. The heating/cooling was up to date and kept us comfortable without us noticing it, so that's good. I only noticed it once or twice in the night when it came on or switched off.

I slept with my younger daughter on the sofa bed in the sitting area. If you get a room with a sofa bed, they do not make it up for you, you must make it up yourself (sheets are in the closet). For the price of the room, I was surprised by this. The sofa bed was not too uncomfortable, but frankly with all the walking we did I was exhausted and could have slept on the floor. We had plenty of pillows. The main door to the hotel room, like many hotel doors, is too short by at least ½ inch. That means that light and noise come from the hallway. I rolled up the mini-bedspread and put it at the bottom of the door to block out light. Unfortunately, we were near the elevator, so beginning about 7 a.m. I could hear the beeping of the elevator. The windows have blackout drapes. The refrigerator running did wake me up once.

The room came with a mini-kitchen with two counter-top burners, a dishwasher and a full refrigerator. The cabinets had ceramic bowls, plates, and mugs, plus glasses. There are pots, a colander, and cooking utensils, as well as real (not plastic) eating utensils. There are enough to serve 4 people. They also provide paper towels, dish soap and a wash cloth. This was so cool! We cooked and ate dinner in our room each night. Then the kids could swim while I made dinner. There was a small table to eat at.

There was a flat-screen tv in each room. There is a closet to hang clothes which contains an ironing board, the iron, and a wall safe. The bathroom sink has a large counter and is outside the bathroom, which has a door. There is no exhaust fan. The bathroom was very nice – I hate when bathrooms have sloppy caulking, etc. It was also very clean. The shower curtain was rounded, so the curtain doesn’t blow into you when you’re showering.

We thought that we hadn’t been given enough towels, but on packing up we realized there was an extra set of towels in one of the drawers. The hairdryer is in a drawer next to the sink.

The ladies we met at the desk were very nice and accommodating. The gentlemen that my husband dealt with at the desk, not so much. The one gentleman that helped us get our luggage out of the luggage storage was very nice.

The hotel has a parking garage underneath. It is tight, but our Ford Escape fit just fine. There were plenty of spaces. We liked the price, and that it was park yourself rather than valet. You need to check in and use your room card to get in the garage. You also need your room card to use the elevator or the pool.

The official check in time is 4 p.m. I believe, but when we arrived around 1 p.m. we were able to go right to our room. Checkout is normally 10 am, but we were allowed late checkout (til 12). We were able to leave our luggage in a secure room on our last day with no time limit. One gentleman told us we could only leave our car in the garage until checkout time at 12, but we were later told that we could keep it there until 5 p.m. You do not need a card or anything to exit the garage.

We were also glad to have breakfast included. We got to breakfast both days around 9 a.m. Saturday morning was full but not crowded. There was a good selection of food and beverages, and there is a separate, decorated section with a number of tables to sit at. Sunday morning was filled to overcapacity. I’m not sure why such a difference, but it was the day before Presidents’ Day. They ran out of clean dishes and put out plastic, and also I believe they ran out of eggs and pancakes, either that or they were not on the menu. They had to open up another room to seat the overflow crowd. But we were able to find seats, to eat and were satisfied with the food. There was still a good selection of pastries, waffles, cereal, bagels, etc.

All in all, this hotel is on a quiet street, but really close to the busy-ness of downtown. It seemed very clean, and I have no major complaints. We would very likely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor (it goes up to 13) away from the train and the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I really enjoyed staying here. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. The kitchens had all you needed for cooking and eating. It was in walking distance from the main attractions (smithsonian, capitol hil, ect..) The breakfast was really good.

We only had one problem and that was with the toliet leaking. They put us in another room and that toliet wouldnt flush but they were nice and an plumber fixed it!

I would definatly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I'm giving this hotel five stars compared to other hotels in its class (not comparing it to high-end luxury hotels). We recently spent four days here with our son, daughter-in-law and grandkids ages 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. It was a mini-vacation, principally to take our grandkids to the Natural History Museum and the Air and Space Museum, both within walking distance. I don't have to tell parents of small children the advantages of having a full-size refrigerator and microwave in the room! And the room our grandkids and their parents stayed in was upgraded, and thus, spacious enough to not need a crib. Our grandson loved the pool. Both grandkids loved taking the Metro (subway) to lunch and dinner and were proud to master the escalators. Although as others have mentioned, there are limited eating establishments nearby (note -- The pizza place next door also has gelato), there are lots of really fun restaurants at Barracks Row just two subway stops away (Eastern Market). We loved lunch at Ted's Bulletin and Matchbox. But my principal reason for writing this review is to thank the lovely staff at the Residence Inn. They were great with our grandkids and even gave them coloring books. From the front desk, to housekeeping, to the breakfast staff, they happily and patiently answered every question and tended to every need, always with grace and humor. They greeted us warmly whenever we came back after a busy day. We send kudos to all the Residence Inn staff for making our stay perfect!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family