“Now that's a lunch!”

Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,369 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's features the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie. Defined by a standard of hospitality born a century ago, Joe’s offers a dining experience that is timeless. Tuxedo-clad service provides a sense of tradition, while delivering the warmth and caring service that has defined Joe’s since 1913.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

After visiting the Renwick Gallery, we decided to follow the tripadvisor recommendations for a nearby restaurant. Walked in with tourist attire and thought we might be underdressed but host assured us we were dressed fine. Sat in a semi-circular booth with a great view for people watching (or ESPN watching on a tv above the bar). We ordered a Pinot Grigio and champagne, the $40 Alaskan king crab lunch special (about 6 meaty chilled legs with two sides and dessert) and the $15 grilled octopus appetizer and a about $12 heirloom tomato and homemade mozzarella salad. Shared everything and it was well worth the calories and the cost. I would eat the banana cream pie every day. It was that good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,680)

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I was just off a transatlantic flight so was probably not in the right frame of mind to relax and enjoy this nice high end steak and seafood restaurant. The bar and front of house staff were very pleasant. The food was very nice but the table staff spoiled my experience. They just seemed to be going through the motions.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Basically a seafood restaurant. but with top of the line menu. The food is good and even though it is expensive, it is worth the money. They also have a great happy hour!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

There are a lot of good restaurant choices in this area. And Joe's was actually not our first choice. We literally stumbled upon it because our first two choices were booked solid with over an hour wait. Be aware that in the evening, the entrance is hard to see. The sign is not easy to see from across the street -- it's very dimly lit.

But from my very first phone call to this Restraunt to the moment we left, I was impressed. We didn't have a reservation, but thankfully there is a bar like area with great private booths which were perfect ( especially since my mother and I were quite casually dressed ). The interior has high ceilings with several dramatic majestic columns. Kind of like a mash up between a old style bank lobby combined with a touch of a high end sports bar with a big band Vegas touch.

Our maitre d, Bridget, escorted us to our booth with grace and professionalism. My mother needed to use the restroom which was upstairs. Without hesitation, Bridget escorted my mother to the elevator and walked her to the facilities to ensure she didn't get lost.

My mom took a bit longer than usual, and Bridget took the initiative to check up on my Mom to ensure that everything was ok. First class. Clearly service beyond expectations especially since it was a Saturday night and every table was full. Very experienced servers dress in black tie which adds a nice touch to the atmosphere.

The big band music in the background was perfect. The atmosphere in the dining room / bar area was energized and bustling. A wide variety and diversity of patrons - seniors, older couples, younger couples, etc.

I had visited the Miami version many years ago.

The only area of improvement would be the very cool air conditioning vent above our booth -- good thing all of our entrees were piping hot.

Very good experience -- thanks to Bridget.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

What a great restaurant. A place to be seen among the royalty of Washington. Superb food and service - much better than its namesake in Miami Beach.