“Great place for a great bite to eat”

Clyde's of Gallery Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's of Gallery Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G Street
Transit: Gallery Place/ Chinatown metro stop
Description: Located in DC's renowned Penn Quarter district, Clyde's of Gallery Place is an opulent homage to Washington and American sporting, and serves classical American food. This two-story Grand Victorian saloon welcomes sports enthusiasts and concert-goers, visiting tourists, theater-goers and the neighborhood's residents with four bars, five dining rooms, a raw bar and a private dining room. Our Gallery Place location will greet you with a breath-taking staircase and a palatial, museum-like experience complete with sporting sculpture, collectible prints and original works of art featuring sports legends and Washington's own storied history.
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We ate here before a concert at the Verizon Center so the location could not have been better. I am glad we made a reservation on an early Thursday evening as it was very crowded. We were promptly seated in the bar area in a spacious booth. Our waiter was prompt and friendly. I ordered a salmon sandwich and my husband the schnitzel. Both items were fresh, appetizing and reasonably priced. Only con is it is VERY loud and we had to scream to talk to one another and could barely hear the server speak. Otherwise, I would suggest this restaurant to others

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This place has the best food! Great atmosphere, location, friendly service. I was amazed. I definitely recommend and next time I come to DC, I will be stopping here!

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We were there as a group of 8 and were seated in the outside garden area, which was perfect. Our server Shanie was more than great. Her suggestions for the food were describe very accurately and each of those that we chose was excellent. You won't go wrong with any items on the menu. I would go back & I highly recommend this location.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Just ask Robin……Oh yeah!!! It was all that. I’m not easily impressed; if you are paid to do a job I think you should do that job and if you don’t want to do the job let someone body else have the job who wants it. With that being said let’s talk about Shanie Yates at Clyde’s of Gallery Place. Probably the most attentive, gracious, patience of Job, conversant, caring, waitron I have met.
Our group included several seniors and persons with disabilities, our group, Lola’s Girls were on our annual trip visiting Washington DC. The way we were treated you would have thought we were traveling Dignitaries, that’s just how special she treated us, (after further observation, I found out she treat everyone like that). From her suggestions and ordering tips we all experienced an amazing dinner at Clyde’s. If you want to feel like a million bucks, dine at Clyde’s ask for Shanie and let the food journey begin. Chicken and biscuits w/gravy was divine and the meatloaf said one senior was terrific topped with fried onions. Clyde’s takes home cooking to another level.

Lola's Girl's 2017
August 26, 2017

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We enjoyed a pleasant Sunday brunch at Clyde's recently. The location is very convenient. On a Sunday at noon in August there were only three other tables filled, but that didn't take away from the charm of this restaurant's glass covered balcony seating. Service was prompt, our sandwiches were fresh and served with hot, crispy fries or a crunchy pickled cucumber salad. They also offered regular brunch fare such as eggs and French toast, etc. Three members of our party opted for the salmon burger and one for the portobello mushroom burger. Both sandwiches were very tasty, and the portions were so generous that we had no room for dessert.