“Brunch”
Review of Brasserie Beck

Brasserie Beck
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Beck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 3,707 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: McPherson Square or Metro Center
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Several of us had brunch here on Saturday. I ordered the burger medium well. It came raw. They offered to put it back on the grill rather than make another or comp it. However, the soup was amazing and you must try the fries. The bloody Mary was good as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Called in for customary happy hour. Sat at bar and took mussels. Here they come with French bread, fries and sauces. That makes them a bit more pricey ($26). All worth it though. And some good beers on tap. If you want shellfish and beer come here. And first place they’ve given us two spoons!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Typical. Dark paneling. Good menu. Pricy as are all places in DC. I had a great New York strip that was cooked to perfection. Easy walking distance from many major hotels. I stayed at the Marriott Marquis and is was three blocks.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I took a three-night trip for myself to DC using Amtrak. My plan was Cubs game Thursday, Friday was to visit the Ntl. Museum of Health and Medicine to see my Dad's mural from 1944 and then the Natl. Portrait Gallery, Saturday was to walk and walk the Mall and finish with dinner at Brasserie Beck, my current #1 in DC. They did not disappoint.

By myself, I sat at the bar. I don't know Belgian beers, but told the bar tender that after all my walking that day, I would have a Stella at home. He poured me a glass of Batik Pils and told him to wait a while before I ordered dinner. About 2/3 through the light delicious beer I ordered the Mussels Mediterranean ($26) which came with a side salad and bread. Basically, the mussels are in a bolognese sauce with some shrimp and sausage bits--great for dipping bread. When I grew up on Long Island Sound which is encrusted with mussels, I tried them a couple of times and did not like them one little bit. A friend took me to this restaurant and insisted I try this dish. It is great. A lady in town for a meeting sat next to me, when my mussels arrived she ordered the small serving (large has more mussels and frites). She told me that she had lived in the Nice area of France and enjoyed the mussels there, but this was the first time she got a dish that matched that experience. I had a glass of Ichtegem's Grand Cru to go with the mussels. I finished the meal with a glass of Taylor 10 Port, couldn't see the extra $9 for Taylor 20. Then I went to the hotel and rested. Amtrak home the next day. A weekend well spent.

I like the atmosphere and staff at this restaurant. I always go on the weekend so as to avoid the mid-week crush. If you are not familiar with DC, week days are crammed including the good restaurants and weekends are much lighter. For its location, the prices are very reasonable for a Belgian/French menu, with main courses running in the $25 - $40 range. The on-tap Belgian beers run $7 - $12. Enjoy.

And then a business type sat on the other side of me, looked at the two orders of mussels and placed his.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Had the most awful vegetable dish. Greasy, salty, other then that no flavour. And they charged me $22. Never ate this bad at a restaurant.