1,403 results
All reviews dupont circle quiet street wine hour dressing room yoga mat dressing area mini bar complimentary wine white house front desk staff connecticut ave continental breakfast room was large small hotel location is great few blocks sitting area
Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the 1st weekend in December. The staff was great, the room was huge, the toiletries were awesome, and we loved the location. It had a residential feel but we weren’t too far away from all the action. The only thing I would’ve changed was maybe a bigger selection for the continental breakfast... it was kinda of expensive for the little bit that was offered. But overall we had a great visit to DC and the Kimpton and will definitely be returning!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2017

I have been to a lot of Kimpton properties and Topaz sure did not disappoint!

I planned a last minute trip to DC during the Thanksgiving weekend and almost every single Kimpton had a rate below 100. My boyfriend would not tell me which Kimpton and insisted this stayed as a surprise. We arrived at the Topaz and I was right away charmed by the neighborhood (despite slight construction).

Since I have traveled to DC so many times, I am a bit tired of the busy touristy scenes. Topaz is located in a rather tranquil neighborhood and the building blends in well with its surroundings. It is definitely a smaller Kimpton compared to the others but I always enjoy some exclusivity. There was one person at the front desk and I thought he's a manager or director. We had a great convo with him and got a free upgrade to an amazing room. We enjoyed the wine hour as usual. And met so many cute dogs in the looby. So overall a great experience!

Room Tip: I would have preferred a higher floor because there were some drunk people yelling on the street.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2017

This boutique hotel is nicely appointed, all the basics are there. The bar wasn't open much, but other than that, great spot. The location - just off of DuPont Circle and a few blocks from the White House - is great, and the price is reasonable. Also, the staff is professional and friendly.

Room Tip: Street side has great views - South side
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2017

We stayed here for our anniversary and were highly impressed with the welcome, amenities, location, and overall experience! Not only was this walking distance to great restaurants and theaters, but the staff made us feel truly welcome by sending an extra surprise to our room (I assume because it was our anniversary)! What a great experience. We'll be back, and we recommend you try them out too!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at the Kimpton hotels every December for our annual date weekend away. We have stayed here at the Topaz before and it was great, however this was the worst room ever. It was right in front of the elevator so all we heard was banging around all night, the wallpaper was peeling off the wall by the chair, carpet is coming up at the bathroom and appeared very dirty, smelled bad, and there was a gross stain on the comforter. What a huge disappointment this was for us. We always loved the uniqueness and artistic flair to the Kimpton hotels yet this one didn’t exude any of that. We won’t be back. I can’t get that money back from such a horrible room, that is the worst of all.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple