1,403 results
All reviews dupont circle quiet street wine hour dressing room yoga mat dressing area mini bar complimentary wine white house front desk staff connecticut ave continental breakfast room was large small hotel location is great few blocks sitting area
Reviewed January 8, 2018

This was my previous review...

I am staying here next time I find myself in DC. We had heard the place was really nice.You can't go wrong with a Kimpton , right? Anyway we went to meet friends at the bar for drinks. It was 30 minutes from opening. The wait staff was there setting up and they encouraged us to come in as they would go ahead and get us started. They were friendly and accomodating. The place is really cool. the bar had a bohemien feel to it. Comfortable chairs and sofas Jazz music playing. I could have stayed all night. It is in the Dupont circle area which is an awesome place to be however it is off the main drag so it is quieter. They grabbed us a cab as we left and all thanked us. They also showed us a room. They have a comfortable feel to them and offer yoga kits.

I have finally come back to stay here at this hotel. It is all that I remember and more. Staff was friendly and professional. Greeted us and quickly got us into our room. The rooms are so cool and decorating is great with a modern, whimsical fee. We were very comfortable. Love the feel of this place plus it is in a great location.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2018

The reception/front desk staff made this hotel great. The location was close to everything and within walking distance to the White house and other must sees. I'd stay here again if I decide to go back.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2018

Staff was wonderful! Parking was easy (free for hybrids) and I was able to park early and they held my luggage. Wine hour was nice, restaurant staff great. Room decor was cute and furniture comfortable. We had adjoining rooms, one king and a room with 2 queens & a daybed. This allowed for a lot of flexibility. The king room had a sofa, a wing back chair, and desk. I was there with a wedding so we asked for complimentary car service the day if bc it was 12 degrees. The drivers were early and professional. The cars were upscale and comfortable . The desk even helped with a package my daughter had delivered to the hotel. No complaints. I would definitely recommend and stay again myself.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2018

I was disappointed with the run-down condition of the hotel, but the staff and service really make up for the poor condition of the premises. The location is excellent. It's unfortunate that none of the Kimpton touches are there except for the robe. No coffee maker, nothing really to indicate a Kimpton. Breakfast is very poorly done, not even worth paying for the coupon in my opinion.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Raeshawna S, General Manager at Kimpton Topaz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Hello lalhus_533360

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to see that the staff provided excellent service! I see you were not excited about some other aspects and I apologize for that.

Kind regards
Raeshawna

Reviewed January 4, 2018

We had a pleasant stay, the room are large, the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was a little small but ok, the lighting in the bathroom was not very good. But we were overall impressed. Don't bother paying $14 for the continental breakfast, walk next door to the Tabard Inn for much better food.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple