We stayed at Holliday Inn Capitol Hotel on a 3 days trip in WA DC …
I’m not going to say it was bad but it was definitely not a good experience.
First of all the room was extremely small, with 2 double beds instead of 2 queen beds and very little space around them. We booked the room online and we could book it for 3 adults and 2 kids, so I expected to have at least 2 queen beds …
The bathroom had a decent size but looked outdated and the hairdryer had hair on it so we could not use it.
The big disappointment came from the other hidden fees we were asked to pay after the check in – when we booked the room we picked the option with breakfast included to find out at the hotel that breakfast was just for 2 adults …they wanted to charge us for the thisrd adult. After showing my disappointment they finally agreed that all 5 of us will have breakfast included. Then, in the morning we found out that the kids had free breakfast JUST if they order from the menu and not from the open bar … of course the menu did not have so many options as the open bar. So 3 adults ate from the open bar and the kids from the menu. Also, they say kids eat for free with a paying adult lunch or dinner but the dinner prices were very high for not sophisticated food so we did not take the chance.
The parking fee, at the hotel was $30/day – a fee I never read about on-line.
The hotel has wireless internet connection, but it is so bad, I mean so slow that we got tired to use it …so do not count on that, it’s like does not exist.
The only big plus of this hotel is the location – right behind Air Space Museum and all the money you pay is for this. But be aware that there are not restaurants in the area, so you will have to drive or to pay a taxi to eat dinner.
I would no go back – the subway runs very good in WA, I would rather book a hotel farther away, but close to a subway station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Capitol