4,911 results
All reviews union station homeless shelter great location national mall capital building breakfast buffet supreme court walking distance library of congress few blocks per day smithsonian museums fitness center valet parking hotel restaurant king bed white house
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This property is way more dated than the pictures would lead you to believe. They did not have connecting (or close) rooms for our kids and us, despite the assurances on the phone when I booked the reservation and upon check in. I had hoped the kids would enjoy the pool, but it is much smaller than the photos make it appear and it was rather cloudy during our visit. Overall, this property was disappointing. We had a better experience at at Hampton Inn across town, which was not touted as a 4 start property with high ratings. The beds were very comfortable and you can see the Capitol Building from the hotel. The main issue with this great location, though, is that there really isn't much of anything around to walk to. Not many restaurants, etc.

1  Thank EFB1024
HRWDC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Dear EFB1024,

Thank you for sharing our review with us. We value your feedback, and we take your comments very seriously. I would like to apologize for the several inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, particularly the issues regarding your room location request not being honored, as well as the housekeeping issues in your rooms. I know that my colleague Carly has been in-touch with you to let you know that we have processed a refund for the amount of 1 night of room and tax for each of your two rooms. Should your travels bring you back to our hotel, please contact me directly so that I can ensure you have an enjoyable stay.

gail.smith-howard@hyatt.com

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The hotel experience was okay. The reservation was not processed properly. I wanted to add an extra day to reservation. I called the number from the email I had received. They added everything. When I got to the hotel, the room wasn't available.I was told I should have called the hotel directly. How am I supposed to know that. They fixed it by agreeing to my suggestion and making my parking complimentary.

Dear steelerfan2018,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as it allows us to reflect on the service and product we provided and ameliorate such moving forward. My sincere apologies for not having your reservation adequately reflected and available upon your arrival. I can very much sympathize with how this must have made you feel and I am glad to hear that my colleague provided you with complimentary parking, to make amends for this unfortunate inconvenience. Should your travels have you return to our nation's capital, we hope that you provide us with another chance. If and when, please reach out to me directly, so that I may personally detail your reservation.

Philippe Cavatore
Assistant Director of Operations
philippe.cavatore@hyatt.com

Reviewed April 3, 2018

I had made reservations at the Grand Hyatt in Washington D.C 6 months in advance. I checked the hotel website days before leaving only to learn to closed the indoor pool, which one of the reasons I booked the hotel. They changed me to the Hyatt Regency on capitol hill. While the Hyatt Regency was half the rate of the Grand Hyatt, they would not give me a discount. The Hyatt Regency on capitol hill is located one block away from the largest homeless shelter in D.C. The hotel grounds were filled homeless people, I could not take one step outside the hotel without being harassed for money. I requested a fridge in my room, trhis was ignored. One night after walking in the cold rain for an hour, I arrived at the hotel and asked the host at the restaurant in the lobby, if I could take a menu to my room to look over while I changed out of my wet clothes, it was a paper menu, the host told me NO! They charged me over $60 to park my car the first night. I found parking for $15 dollars a day only two blocks away. If your are considering staying at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill, DO NOT DO IT! THE HOTEL IS TERRIBLE!

2  Thank reistrom78

Dear reistrom78,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that your request for a refrigerator was not met and assure you this is not a norm and will be addressed accordingly. While we understand your concerns regarding the nearby shelter, we want to assure you that our security team works closely with local law enforcement and Capitol Police to make our hotel and its surroundings a safe place for all. I am very sorry to hear that our onsite parking services did not offer a suitable solution for you and we are glad you were able to find other more economical option in the area. Though we are disappointed to learn your recent stay did not end up meeting your expectations, we hope you will give us a chance to provide you with the kind of excellent experience we know we are capable of creating at a later point in time. I know my colleague Danielle has been in-touch with you, but please do not hesitate to contact me directly as well.

gail.smith-howard@hyatt.com

Reviewed April 3, 2018

The staff was very friendly, rooms were clean, bed was very comfortable, and loved the location! After making reservations and I read some reviews I was worried about a few things but after staying there I loved it, we will definitely stay there when we go back!!! You have to try the Calamari and Shrimp :)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear millsra,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you decided to try our hotel for yourself! It is nice to hear you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms and ideal location. We look forward to seeing you again soon and will make sure to have calamari & shrimp saved for you!

Reviewed April 2, 2018

The hotel is an easy walk to the capital building and we spent the whole trip walking. We did not need to get the car out of valet at all however you can as much as needed. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the check in and check out process was effortless.

Dear teshep,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was. I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful time exploring the city on foot thanks to our convenient location! It is great to hear you received top-notch service from our colleagues at the front desk. We hope to see you again soon.