2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
JW Marriott
Agoda.comUS$233
PricelineUS$233
eDreamsUS$233
3,596 results
All reviews white house great location the concierge lounge within walking distance national mall smithsonian museums room service per night lincoln memorial king bed sight seeing elevator lobby metro valet convention garage
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2020

My friend JW and I had a great stay at the JW Marriott! Kimberly at the front desk could not have been nicer. She gave us an upgrade to a room with a view which is much appreciated. The location is perfect, within walking distance of many DC attractions. Our room was spotless and we could see the Washington Monument. I would not hesitate to stay here again and will be sure to do so on my next trip to Washington.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 394sawyern
Reviewed October 12, 2020

My wife and I stayed at the JWM October 8--11. Everything was wonderful. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was and is great. I read some of the previous reviews and almost cancelled - Im glad I didnt. We will definitely stay there again.

2  Thank Discover568098
Reviewed October 12, 2020 via mobile

Rooms look old and outdated.

Staff was very nice

Many times during out visit there was no hot water.

We were there for 5 days and no one cleaned our room. I understand the situation with COVID-19 but no one asked if we wanted out room cleaned.

No vending machines in our floor or in any of the hotel.

All American Grill restaurant, food was very good, drinks were great.

COVID- 19 Prevention A+
Security A+

I think this hotel could be better, especially for the price your paying per night to stay there.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank sgtever
Reviewed September 26, 2020 via mobile

My stay at the JW Marriott DC was one I will continue to remember and praise. I really, really enjoyed my experience! The atmosphere just screams classiness, elegance, history, and luxury, from the scintillating chandelier art in the high-ceiling lobby to the marbling of the lobby floors to the upkeep of the hallways and other hotel facilities.

In perspective amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, cleanliness and safety are at the forefront of my attention during every hotel stay. I very much applaud the measures taken at the JW to filter away people not staying (literally a security guard verifying ID and reservation status at the front door and refusing entry to those not staying), and masks were worn by all staff at all times. Social distancing was ample. Nowhere did I notice uncleanliness, neither in common areas nor my room! Great job, and keep it up!

Unfortunately I lack names, but all the staff seemed welcoming, friendly, accommodating, and professional. Nothing I didn’t expect ahead of time, both considering my status with Bonvoy and brand tier among hotels in the Marriott portfolio. Five-star, upscale service was consistently given, and I’m thankful to all staff who made my experience exceptional!

The rooms were clean, comfy, quiet, and representative of JW standards. This is by no means a newly-built property, yet the carpets, furniture, and decor felt as if I was staying in a hotel built from ground up this year or last. I requested a room facing a courtyard area (I dislike traffic noise), and my request was fulfilled; the room I had was extremely quiet and perfect for me. Come for the rooms, most certainly!

Just one tiny negative, something I merely want to tell readers about as a heads-up, rather than as a call to change. (This is because COVID-19 cancels a lot of hotel perks these days, sigh.) I was not able to have food delivered to my room directly, so I had to walk down to the lobby to retrieve it; this was due to the crowd control taking place at the front door (like I mentioned above). In that current moment, it was slightly frustrating as I had just settled in for the night, but I realize it’s a temporary policy for the health of every guest. No worries, but just something to advise you of beforehand. Non-paying folks are very restricted on the property.

All in all, though, this JW in the nation’s capital is a paradigm for any hotel to look up to, with regards to everything from atmosphere, cleanliness/upkeep, service, and room quality. I look forward to coming back next visit to DC. Thanks!!!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank bornthatway_traveler
Reviewed August 28, 2020

This is my very first negative review with any Marriott Property ever and I'm a few stays away from my Platinum Status: Scheduled 4 days(Thur-Mon) this week, called Tuesday to confirm my reservation and to ask about the parking rate; because if it were too expensive I was planning to stay elsewhere, however, Was told that parking is complimentary so you won't have any problems. I checked in yesterday with the nice lady and again no mention of paid parking
and I also received a letter stating "Valet parking is no longer available, We instead will be offering free self- service parking to registered hotel guests,
but can be receded(I would imagined I'd be notified). I went to retrieve my car today and the garage attendant pulled a list of names but my name was not included, he called the hotel and was told I had to pay the $40 charge. I went back in the hotel, spoke with the Rude, Dismissive, White, Guy( forgot his name because I was furious) who basically told me " who told you that" " and we can't let you not pay when others are paying" I nicely explained my situation, however he acted as if I were lying, I asked him, so parking was never complimentary?and he told me " nothing I can do" so speak to Dewayne or Earl after 3pm. So I paid the $40 and checked out and am now at another hotel for my other 3 nights. Spoke briefly to Dwayne(Manager) and provided him with a copy of the letter. I spoke with my voice and when that was dishonored, I spoke with my feet!

Honor your word JW!!!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cassbarry4917