“Wonderful weekend”

Kimpton Rouge Hotel
Ranked #79 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed for 3 days Feb 18-20th in an executive suite and it was really great. The service at the hotel is very good, the hotel is very fresh, clean, and comfortable. We really enjoyed the decor in our room, everything was really comfortable and nice quality. The room was large, furnishings modern, dressing area and bathroom were really nice and good amenities.

Valet is typical DC valet but it was convenient and made going to/from the hotel a breeze and well worth the $$. The hotel is out of the way of most sites and not really near metro stations but we had a car so it wasn't an issue. Also the walk to the White House was very easy as we are walkers. We did eat breakfast and it was good, the morning coffee was a really good value, and they brought me my NY Times each morning which was perfect.

Only slight negative is I called ahead to have fruit/wine in the room and a goldfish (part of Klimpton services) on arrival but I had to remind the front desk and they it was brought later that night. We were excited about the goldfish but unfortunately it was distressed and died which did upset us quite a bit. So next time we will be sure to bring our dogs and skip the goldfish!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Kimpton Rouge Hotel

Reviewed 11 February 2012

The two of us were in town for a wedding and were recommended by the wedding party to stay at the Rouge. Very impressed with the check-in process and valet services. Our room was clean and well prepared. Every request we had of the staff was promptly fulfilled. The White House and surrounding sites are within a 20 minute walk. A unique hotel that we would recommend to see for yourslef!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank mrgoforth
Reviewed 7 February 2012

What can I say, I love this hotel like I have every other Kimpton hotel Ive stayed in.

I came here to have a get away and to do a little business as well and I never wanted to leave. The hotel was under renovations while we were there, but it didnt bother us a bit. They made sure to be as accommodating as possible and we heard no construction noise.

The decor in the room was beautiful. Large dark red drapes, red headboard, and sleek black table and desk area was just put together beautifully.

The staff was some of the friendliest people I've ever met. I cant wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Weddingdiva27
MMJennings, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thanks Weddingdiva!

I'm so glad you had such a great time while we were touching up our new lobby floor and adding in the ceiling art at the bar. No more renovations coming up and we can't wait to have you back.

Regards,

Mark Jennings

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I have stayed at the Hotel Rouge twice when in DC for business. The location is a little removed from business downtown and it is a fair distance from the Hill, but I choose Hotel Rouge for that reason. Sometimes it is nice to feel like you are getting away from business at the end of the day, even if you really aren't that far away.

The hotel is a typical Kimpton update of an older property. You can usually tell that the bones are old, but Kimpton does a nice job of refreshing these hotels and giving them a trendy vibe. In this case, the theme is "red" just as the name implies.

The rooms are modern with the usual amenities and conveniences. The rooms I have had on my two stays here seemed a little larger than what other DC hotels offer, though some of that is unusable space in the entryway.

The hotel has a small restaurant/bar just off of the lobby area. I have not eaten breakfast or lunch here, but I did try the hamburger for dinner on my last stay and found it very good.

I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful on both stays. Additionally, the management is quick to communicate and is interested in ensuring that guests have a good experience.

If you are looking for a hotel that offers a bit of trendy tranquility on a business trip to DC and you don't mind cabbing to Hill meetings, give the Hotel Rouge a look.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We chose the Kimpton hotel on purpose since we have always had great experiences. The Rouge did not disappoint us. Just as comfortable and staff very very friendly and helpful. Perfect location for White House and colleges! We will always prefer the Kimpton chain!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank susann888888
MMJennings, General Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thanks Laurdubs!

I'm so glad we could be attentive even though the hotel was busy. I am so lucky to have a team that really enjoys what they do. We would love to have you back. We seem to be quite the favorite for our friends travelling from the Boston area.

Warm regards,

Mark Jennings

Reviewed 3 February 2012

comfortable, stylish, Kimpton hotel. Very close to major D.C hotspots including Dupont Circle, White House/National Mall and all the memorials and sites. Valet parking options are wonderful and SO lenient. May have to ask the staff to do things a couple of times, but, hotel's staff in general are super busy and handle many, many requests to that is totally okay!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We stayed at the Rouge after a great stay at the Topaz about a year ago. We just chose this one to try something different. It was clear once we arrived it was a Kimpton: awesome, knowledgable staff, unique decorating and nice little touches you might not expect. We arrived on a Saturday, and there was the complimentary cold pizza and bloody marys in the lobby (I think only on weekends). It saved us having to stop somewhere for lunch and we could get right to the sights. There was tea and coffee in the lobby in the morning, with a newspaper by our door, and wine and appetizers from 5:00 to 6:00. The room was nice sized with a great bed and lights. The location is also good, as it is close enough to Dupont, but also to the sights (we are walkers, some my disagree with the second part). A couple points: on Saturday night, 16th street is busy and there were a lot of sirens. You may want a room not facing the street. Sunday through Tuesday were fairly quiet, though. There was a 3:30 am party on our floor (that's when it started) which staff took care of very well. The room also have very quietly closing doors, which eliminates the need by some to slam their doors. Overall, I was as impressed with Rouge as much as I was with Topaz. I have to say, it is rare to leave a hotel and have the staff seem like they are going to miss you (thanks Romina). Enjoy, they will take great care of you.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Abe L, Manager at Kimpton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Hello TerrenceDean,

Thanks so much for writing a review!

I am so pleased that you had a great stay with us. Looks like everything was to your liking and I am glad we stacked up so well to our sister property the Topaz. While not caused by us, I wanted to apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay. Awesome to hear our staff handled it so well.

Appreciate it,