All reviews dupont circle through travelzoo great location renaissance hotel requested a quiet room walking distance white house comfy bed five minute walk comfortable stay hotel room small room george washington university downtown dc whole foods m street foggy bottom
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Stayed April 1-4 for college tours. Location was great; Potbelly, Sbux, Illy, Grillfish and two other sit down restaurants within steps. Always several taxis available out front. Hotel was cleaner than clean. The property appeared to have been newly furnished and comfortable as well as stylish. Elevators spacious and quick. Front desk very helpful with restaurant reservations and directions. Bar/Restaurant staff was even better, in particular, Neil. He saw this weary mom with her two teens and provided the kindest most welcoming service despite the fact that they were terribly busy. The food and drinks were very good. Neil even went so far as to bring our shopping bag to our room after we had forgotten it. Exemplary.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
kristofercarlson, General Manager at The Wink, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

GetMeOuttaHere07076,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently at the wink hotel dc. I am so glad you loved the hotel and the location so much. I was even more happy to hear how the team in specific Neil did to make sure you and others had such a great time. We look forward to your next stay in dc soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I originally booked this hotel when it was still part of the Marriott Group of hotels. When I called in January, I spoke with a wonderful man on the phone that explained to me that the property was changing hands and that they would call me back to finalize my reservations.
This was particularly satisfying because my group of 6 included two individuals over the age of 88. We has some serious obstacles to address and I was not feeling overly confident.
When I finally was able to put everything in motion, the Hotel GM had become invlolved in order to make my life easier. Every was was incredibly courteous and went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful.
The rooms are lovely. They are large, have coffee makers and refrigerators and are extremely well priced. They have been rennovated in the not too distant past and the mattresses are incredibly comfortable.
If you need a roll in shower make sure that you ask for rooms 647 with 2 queen beds or 747 with a king bed. I know that they have other handicap rooms but not with a roll in shower.
I also want to say that the elevators are fast and very spacious which is important when you are traveling and that the bellman was lovely and helpful.
The rooms are clean and have been renovated within the last 5 years (this is a guess).
The lobby is very spacious and has extremely comfortable seating. They have many different areas that are somewhat private. There is a comfortable area for working on your laptop with plugs and a nice bar area as well.
Now comes the food...Really nice dining room that serves breakfast. they have menu items as well as a nice buffet. The bar area also has a menu that has waiter service throughout the lobby. There is a really nice selection of salads, sandwiches and a few hot entrees. All good and fresh.
And finally, the service and management. What an amazing group of people led by Chris who are thoughtful and really want to please. Noel is outstanding and really made me feel like he cared about me and my family having a great trip. The women behind the desk go out of their way to make sure your every question is answered and every demand is met with a smile.
I know it sounds too good to be true and in some ways it is. When you open a new hotel and know how difficult it is to please the public I suppose you go out of your way to do things better then your competition. All I know is that if you have the opportunity to stay at this hotel you should try it out. I hope you will be as happy as I was.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Remember about the roll in showers in rooms 647 & 747!

bys3990,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the wink hotel dc. I am so glad too see your stay turned out excellent and that the trip was a completely success. I do appreciate your communication and patience and opportunity to ensure you had a great stay. We can't wait to see you again for your next experience soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Folks were friendly but definitely not my first choice in DC. Bedding was miserable, pillows horrible and not supportive, four people in our room and only 3 towels. Will not return. Not a very centralized location if you’re touring.

Room Tip: Rooms are small. Pillows are horrible. Bedding isn’t quite big enough for beds.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jennifer G.,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for the feedback about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the service however was disappointed to hear about some of our challenges. We are currently replacing all the pillows within the hotel and will have new ones in the next few weeks completely. Also don't hesitate to call and let us know when you need more towels or anything in the room to make your experience much better. We hope to have you back for a much improved experience soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Stayed here for four nights. There's a lot of good things going on with this hotel. First was the staff -- everyone was kind and helpful. I enjoyed breakfast (three times in the restaurant, once from room service). The food was well-prepared and tasty, the coffee was to my satisfaction, the prices were about what I pay if I go out to breakfast in my hometown. One night I had a late nosh in the bar. It wasn't what I was expecting as it was listed as a three-cheese flatbread when it was really just a small cheese pizza with tomato sauce. But it was crispy and just the right amount of food. I also got a lovely cup of chamomile tea to take back to my room.

The public areas are very clean and spacious. The only noise I heard in my room was the occasional loud guest walking down the hallway outside.

The major negative was that they use cleaning fluids that are heavily fragranced, to the point where I was thinking of changing hotels. To their credit, they honored my request to only use water during my stay, something I truly appreciated. The other down side was the room. It was small but that wouldn't have been a problem if the furnishings were more suitable. There was a very large dresser that took up so much room that it meant that the view from the very comfortable side chair looked straight at the toilet. The desk was nice as it could be easily moved and the Herman Miller chair was comfortable, even though the height for both didn't quite work for my short legs. I loved the fact that there was a bank of plugs for charging electronics.

This time I had some physical limitations that forced me to use more taxi cabs than usual. But for those who can walk, it's a pleasant one to Dupont Circle, my beloved Kramerworks and Afterwards bookstore and bar/cafe and the Red Line metro stop there. The hotel is also near very useful bus lines.

I look forward to staying here on my next trip to DC.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
kristofercarlson, General Manager at The Wink, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

MissTBlu,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently at the wink hotel dc. I am so glad you had a great stay and enjoyed many things about the hotel especially the service within the hotel. I appreciate the feedback about the scent within the room and will look into a more diluted version with our housekeeper leadership. Also we completely agree to the need to change out the room configuration and furniture and are working through our renovation plans as we speak. We hope to have you back with us real soon to see some of the new improvements.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Fifty dollars to park your car for one day. Going rate in the neighborhood garages is around 30. Hotel is fine and in a good neighborhood for walking but that just felt enough like being fleeced upon arrival.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank d k

d k,

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for the feedback about your stay. I appreciate the input and ask for more value for your parking. You are correct that there are garages that allow self parking for $30. Unfortunately the garage connected to us does not have the ability for self parking which is why we are valet only hotel and have listed it throughout our various sights. As far as Valet most hotels are in the mid $50's. That being said I completely understand your need for value which is why we add parking packages to our website. We hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again for a much better valued experience.