The first day we left to be with the family maybe 11 AM and did not get back until very late. No housekeeping. We called the desk and someone brought us towels. When I asked her for coffee it was as if I had ruined her whole day and I was remind how late it was. Hmm it was not me that forgot the room.
When I mentioned this to a managerial type the next morning (he was dressed in a gray jacket while the rest were in black) the first response I got was not "We are sorry Sir" but "Did you leave your do not disturb sign out?" asked in an aggressive accusatorial way.
My travel companion wanted change to buy a soda from the vending, but one of about half of the disinterested front desk staff would only change one dollar. Sodas were a dollar and change.
Twice I called for the car to be brought up and when we got to the lobby no one had even gone to get it or knew we were waiting for it. We were late for a family gathering to honour the life of my sister in law who had passed away the day before we got to DC.
Twice we came in late at night and were ignored at the front desk trying to drop off the car keys. I just left them there. At least no one ran off with the car; HOWEVER, one time the car came up with the drivers' seat pushed back as far as it could go and the radio BLASTING a station we would not have been listening to. I wish I had checked the mileage before I dropped off the keys the night before.
My travel companion wrote a review while we were still there but just after the housekeeping incident. We got back the next night and there was a note from management, a bottle of wine (we do not drink) an apple and an orange and two bottles of designer water. There were also coupons for continental breakfast—a diabetics dream meal.
I hope this was a blip as we will no doubt book again with this hotel when the other is unavailable. I will just be very careful to inquire about the “suite” we are reserving and keep watch for other things.
One advantage to 801 is that it is at the end of a very short corridor with only a few adjacent rooms and is therefore quieter than other parts of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beacon Hotel creates the perfect setting where guests can "Work, Relax and Play" in an atmosphere that is contemporary, welcoming and elegant. This summer enjoy the benefits of an extraordinary location, from where you can walk to the Smithsonian Museums and Monuments all within an easy walk or short metro ride, walk four blocks to The White House, off "Embassy Row" famous for stunning Diplomatic residences, yet equally convenient to the centers of business of "K Street" and Connecticut Ave. The Walter E Washington Convention Center, The cool restaurants and Night life of Dupont Circle and 14th Street. Two Metro stations are within easy walk. Accommodations include spacious deluxe rooms and our popular "Corporate Quarter Suites" inspired by New York Style studio living, featuring pantries, dining and living areas that complement the lifestyles of our guests with spacious accommodations. Ideal settings whether you are traveling with family, an urban explorer or if you are seeking a romantic escape. The Beacon Bar & Grill presents excellent dining and entertainment options: alfresco dining in season, an elegant dining room, light fare and creative cocktails are featured in season in our Sky-Bar rooftop lounge. Featuring creative American cuisine drawing inspiration from comfort foods, international cuisine and seasonal offerings. Our Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, have been voted amongst the "Top Five" Champagne Brunches in the city for over 10 years running. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beacon Hotel And Corporate Quarters
- Beacon Hotel Corporate Quarters
- Beacon Hotel Washington Dc
- Beacon Hotel Dc