Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
A. G
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico

Nice hotel - very friendly staff

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 26, 2016
I stayed during a business meeting. Hotel was clean, room was very pleasant and staff was very friendly. It was easy to do the check in and out. Breakfast was very good! (From menu, no buffet). Two minor problems: bathrooms needed a bit of update (shower was leaking and toilet did not work very well, but it did its job). And a noisy neighbors, even when I had a corner room. Besides those issues, excellent location to visit DC! I would stay there again!
Trip type: Travelled on business
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded Jul 27, 2016
Thanks for staying at the Beacon Hotel. We often get business travelers as they love our accommodations and central location. We're a big believer in that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we wouldn't serve anything less than delicious. We trust you had let Guest Services aware of any concerns you may have had during your stay, we have excellent Engineers on the property to resolve any issues. We look forward to your return!
C$251
5.8 km from The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Washington DC
1,918 results
All reviews dupont circle white house rooftop bar front desk staff few blocks location is great national mall metro station kitchenette dishwasher bellman neighborhood uber
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

I would give this hotel a 3.5 star rating if possible. It's no means a 3 star but the same time far away from a 4 star. The lobby is beautiful and the front lobby workers are beyond great. They open the door for you, will assist you with any questions, etc. The room we stayed in was a King room.

Average room, enough space for 2. Now time for the good and the bad :

1. It was near 100° each day and we didn't have cold water in our sink 3/3 days and in the shower 2/3 days.

2. The TV was horrible like from the early 90s, no HD , and it kept going in and out.. really?

3. The AC works like a charm, so nice and cold throughout our stay.

4. We got a quiet corner away from everyone and had no noise to complain about.

5. Restaurant staff (not the hostess) was a bit rude and didn't even really say good morning. Just what do you want for breakfast?

6. Bed was average, we had a King bed, it was comfortable but to me not "hotel comfortable" if that makes sense.

7. Housecleaning was great and by the time we got back from site seeing mid afternoon our room was done.

Would I stay again? I think I'd try out other hotels in the area. Give them a try, the price can't be beat but no swimming pool for those hot days!

Trip type: Travelled with family
SteveRipai, General Manager at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

Thanks for staying at the Beacon Hotel and sharing your experience. We look forward to reading all comments. We apologize that there were some minor concerns regarding your room, we trust you had let Guest Services aware so we could have remedied the situation. We have some of the best team members in the city, not only do they work tremendously hard to ensure all guests have a satisfactory stay, they do it with a smile on their face. The hotel may not have a pool but you can get a refreshing cocktail at the SkyBar, the rooftop bar, to cool down as you take in the view of the city. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

I checked in late and my room wasn't ready but management took care of the situation right away. For the inconvenience they gave me free Wi-Fi, which I think should be free in this day and time. The staff was very friendly and so was a lot of guess I met in passing on the elevator and lobby. Neighborhood is great for walking around in the evening, nearby stores and restaurants. The rooms are nice, bed is very comfortable, small bathroom but decent. Please be advised that the 2 bottles of Voss water they leave on the table for you are not free, read the sign carefully if you drink the bottle water they will charge you $4.00 for each water. Come on Beacon hotel...give your guess free water! Overall it's a great hotel for the rate I got it for!

Room tip: I stayed on the 7th floor it was quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Bezawit K
SteveRipai, General Manager at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2016

Thanks for staying at the Beacon Hotel and taking the time to share a comment. The wifi is competitively priced for our location, however please do consider booking on the hotel's website where wifi is complimentary with your rate. Our location is one of the many things that guests love about us, the neighborhood has many restaurants and shopping and we're a short walk away from most attractions. Thanks for your tip on the water, we do ensure that if there is a fee, it is clearly noted for our guests. The only surprises we like are good surprises. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

I arrived in the evening but still light out. It was hard to get to the entrance with a car but the valet was good. I was turned off for two reasons right off. One was that I booked the room through hotels.com and the credit card on file was no longer good due to my card being compromised and I had to get a new number. But they called earlier in the day and left a message that I I didn't call by 3 it would be cancelled. Well I called 1/2 hour after at about 1:00 and they had already cancelled. I'm pretty sure I'll have to fight for my hotel.com rewards because they had to rebook through the hotel. But the big issue is that they STILL use a carbon print of my credit card when I checked in. What? I've had my identity stolen before, and I know it happens all the time. But I literally had seen someone else's signed sheet with their credit card imprint on the counter and I could have grabbed when the staff went to check to see if there was a refrigerator I could have. That's unacceptable. Carbon imprint! That might even be illegal?
So other than that and I did get my refrigerator which the maintenance guy said it was rare to get one. What? They are college $50 crappy machines. Put one in all the rooms. But I was put in a handicap room. I have none. The wheelchair bathroom had one large shower with a chair in it. So the tile that I get ready in with the sink and mirror was all one with the shower. Luckily it didn't roll that far because I out a towel there and I am a quick shower taker. Just weird arrangement.
Staff was friendly. The tv was small for room size. No free wifi but that's kinda normal for DC. Paid for parking, also normal.
Good value? It depends on the rate you get. If I had a choice again, would probably go where they had a pool and a more up to date workout room small area in the basement. They did have a nice Mirror in the bathroom that had a magnifying glass, nice for makeup. But not the best lighting for that.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2016

Chose this location primarily because it is across the street from the Philippines embassy which I wife needed to visit to renew her passport. The location turned out to be great. The hotel is quiet and the Metro stations are only a few blocks away. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is a bit older and slightly worn in a few places, but never where it matters. Our room was clean and well lit. We will definitely stay here on our next visit. As is usual in large cities, you'll pay for valet parking each night while you're there unless you've made other parking arrangements.

Room tip: The corner rooms on the lower floors are very small, but have large windows around the corners if you like well-lit rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SteveRipai, General Manager at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2016

Thanks for staying at the Beacon Hotel and taking the time to share a comment. Once of the best things about the hotel is the great location, we're close to so many attractions, even the practical ones! We're glad you and your wife enjoyed the stay and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 17, 2016

Overall, we had a pretty good stay. The staff was mostly polite and the room was clean. The biggest complaint about the room was the noise. The walls seem to be pretty thin, and there was quite a bit of noise from the adjacent room. The location is very good, with the National Mall being a 10-15 minute walk away. The thing that bothered me the most was the excessive parking fees. As a AAA member, I was expecting a 50% discount on the parking. Upon checkout, I learned that because I booked through a 3rd party website, I was not entitled to the discount. The manager said that this is mentioned on their website. I looked, and if it's there, it's not very conspicuous. I had to pay $48.38 per day for parking. With the discount, I believe it would be $27.88 (I don't think the discount applies to the tax). This ended an otherwise reasonably good stay on a very sour note.

Room tip: Request high floor, not directly under rooftop bar, and away from elevators.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hiker068
SteveRipai, General Manager at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Thank you for staying at the Beacon Hotel, we sincerely apologize there was a misunderstanding with the AAA discount. Our relationship with AAA allows for the parking discount to be valid only when you book the AAA rate through the hotel directly. We certainly hope this does not defer you from returning as it sounds the rest of your stay was pleasant. Please consider booking on the hotel's website where you can find all of the specials and discounts we are currently offering.