Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$379
Hotels.comUS$379
Expedia.comUS$379
Agoda.comUS$379
LHW.comUS$379
CheapTicketsUS$379
1,626 results
All reviews lafayette park white house lafayette room lafayette restaurant john's church basement bar historic hotel room service top floor junior suite office building housekeeping staff four seasons concierge wedding president doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2021

We decided to treat ourselves to a night out and the Hay-Adams EXCEEDED all of our expectations. As soon as we pulled up, the staff who greeted us were kind. The hotel and all staff were following all Covid courtesies. When we checked in, we were given a Covid-safe bag with mask, wipes, and hand-sanitizer. They were kind enough to upgrade our room and man, was it an upgrade! We had a room that was pretty much in front of the White House! The balcony doors opened up to the most gorgeous view. Pictures could not do it justice. We were greeted with a bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries, which were delicious! Everything was so clean!

I really can’t brag enough about the service we received. Everyone was so nice and attentive. I cannot wait to come back.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kemf2021
Colette Meewisse-Marquez, General Manager at The Hay-Adams, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2021

Dear kemf2021,
Thank you for your complimentary review. We can't wait to welcome you back and rest assured the view only gets better with spring arriving in Washington, DC soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2021

I came to DC for business and didn't know what to expect. The hotel far exceeded my expectations. From check-in to check-out everything was flawless. The building is older and very well maintained. The food service was impeccable, everything from room service to meals in the restaurant were delicious. I'd put The Hay-Adams in the top group of hotels I've visited.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded February 22, 2021

Dear Freak77,
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2021

I knew that this would be a luxury experience, because it is pretty expensive. But I was not expecting the above-and-beyond service that greeted me. I was a little lost once I drove into the city (one-way, blocked off blocks, etc) so I called and they sent the bellman outdoors to find me and direct me! They helped with taxis, and the people who worked in the 9th floor restaurant were so friendly - getting me a cup of coffee in the middle of the day, waiting on us at breakfast, etc. Would highly recommend, and will definitely stay here again. And the room and amenities were all top-quality.

1  Thank PamelaP96
Management response:Responded February 22, 2021

Dear PamelaP96,
Thank you for your kind review! Our wonderful staff will be delighted to hear they were able to exceed your expectations! That is our mission....We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2021

Just finished our first stay at the Hay-Adams. We had planned for this trip last fall and had to reschedule a few times due to the pandemic.
So worth waiting for. Granted, an unusual time and DC is quiet right now but the staff went out of their way to make our family feel welcome and safe.
Our room overlooked The White House and was absolutely beautiful. Great bedding and furnishings. Everything we needed.
Due to Covid, we chose to dine-in most evenings and the restaurant’s menu options and preparation were outstanding.
Location, location, location - the hotel is across from St. John’s Church and The White House, right on BLM Plaza. We walked everywhere.
And as beautiful as the hotel is, the service is even better. The staff couldn’t have been kinder or more helpful. We were dropping our student at college and the staff helped facilitate our move-in transportation, above and beyond!
Look forward to our next visit. Highly recommend. What a treat. Thank you, Hay-Adams, your staff went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as it could have been, especially during such a tough time for so many. We sincerely appreciate their efforts.

Room tip: If you can face The White House, it’s the most amazing view.
Date of stay: January 2021
Management response:Responded February 3, 2021

Dear Dina A,
Thank you for your beautiful review. We are pleased you enjoyed your accommodations and our great location, but we are even more thrilled to hear our staff made your stay memorable! During this tough time, "kind and helpful" are definitely music to our ears! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2020

I think this is the nicest hotel in the city. The service is top notch and the rooms are beautiful. Ask for # 818 as it has a king bed, a lovely fireplace (not operational, but very pretty) and beautiful decorative plasterwork on the ceiling. I just spent three nights there, and it was such a treat, I really hated to leave it. The air handling system is very quiet (in fact, the quietest I've ever not heard), the bed and chair are comfortable, and the housekeeper kept me well stocked with tissue, free water and toiletries. The marble bathroom has a hand held sprayer in the tub and the shampoo, etc. were of high quality (don't remember the brand) and generously sized. The staff are all polished and well spoken and very professional.

The Lafayette restaurant has been moved to the 9th floor in a space that overlooks the White House and St. John's church. The dinner I had (bass with wild mushrooms) was tender and flavorful and finishing it off with a pot of hot chocolate really hit the spot on a cold night. I definitely plan to return there for dinner the next time I'm in DC. I wish I could stay at the Hay every time I go, but, unfortunately, my budget won't allow it. I will return some time though, when I can afford a special splurge.

There was some noise from protesters in Lafayette Park across the street, but it wasn't very loud and never went on during the night. (My room faced St. John's church and was only a few feet from where the protesters were embedded). That was the one concern I had going down, and I was pleasantly surprised that it never became an issue.

If you're driving, head east on H St. NW (one way) and make a left onto 16th street. 16th is blocked off, but there is plenty of room to pull into the drive in front of the hotel.

Everyone wore masks, tables were well spaced in the restaurant, and staff were careful to maintain social distance. I can't think of a single drawback and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a special place to stay.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank countesssoval
Management response:Responded February 3, 2021

Dear countessoval,

Thank you for your glowing review. I am so glad you enjoyed all of the beautiful guest room details. We will be serving on our Top of The Hay looking our over the White House for a little while longer so please come back and visit us soon!