The hotel was at least half empty when I stayed. I asked for a quiet room and was assured that they would take that into consideration. When I arrived, the receptionist also assured me that she was giving me a quiet room.
The hotel is located on 16th Street, one of the most major roads in DC. There is heavy and noisy traffic into the early hours. You can hear horns, motorcycles and heavy vehicles as they pass by. Yes, they have double-pane windows. It doesn't do any good, because the racket goes right through them.
Marble bathrooms, free internet, and high tech TVs aren't much use if you can't get a good night's sleep. I'm not a particularly light sleeper and this isn't a close call. It was really loud and kept me up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 99-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc