2,619 results
All reviews rural society white house nice hotel room service few blocks mini bar hotel restaurant national mall fitness center valet parking metro stop dupont circle loews concierge lobby doorman starbucks
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The staff are incredible and provide very high quality service, which helps this place overcome some of it's negatives. The rooms are nice, but pretty small, and it seems a bit worn in places, which then seem to show shoddy attempts at hiding it. Overall when I was comparing it to similarly-priced hotels, I couldn't help but think the others might have been a better experience. It's a nice, comfortable hotel, but I really felt like I overpaid. The staff were by far the best part of the experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wileyc0y0te
Paolo_Pedrazzini, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

We are sorry your stay was not perfect. The Madison is under new management, and is now a Hilton Hotel. We hope you give us another chance, and visit us again.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I will say the hotel is currently going through remodeling, so they are making efforts to update the hotel. I booked my room through a travel site and they were offering a deal. I was there for one night and I did get a good price, but it's clear that the reason they were advertising on the travel site is because the hotel is going through remodeling. Many of the floors were closed, my room was pretty "tired" and overlooked the side street where all of the dumpsters are located for the construction. I will say the staff were very friendly and accommodating, trying to make the stay as comfortable as possible. I hope it gets the face-lift it is in need of. For the price and the fact that I was only there on night on business, I rate it average. If I had paid full price, I would have been pretty unhappy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at the Madison, unknown to us, because the recommended hotels were full. The location was perfect, despite not being walking distance to Smithsonian, it was centrally located to most places we went to. Also, the hotel itself was very accommodating, the staff was very attentive and polite. They are experiencing some renovations but we very open to giving us a room that was renovated. We traveled with a 9 year old and had a rollaway bed which had a very thick mattress and was comfortable. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Paolo_Pedrazzini, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We got a great rate at the Madison during the President's Day weekend, but we didn't know why until we checked in and saw the construction taking place. I might have still opted to stay at the Madison if I knew about the trade off I was making, but the point is I should have been given more information. The gym was moved into a guest room and there was construction noise throughout much of the day. Not cool.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom R

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Newly-renovated room was spectacular -- great bed with luxurious linens and comforter. Loved the large bathroom, fluffy towels and robe. Superby soaps. A selection of good newspapers. But the highlight was the friendly and accommodating bellmen, front desk, and housekeepers. When I checked in I mentioned that I'd read about noise associated with renovation and I was given a room away from where the front desk man thought they would be working (I had no issues with noise). The room overlooked M Street and it was a treat to waken to a view and sun. Walking distance to the sights but easy access to Metro. Many restaurants nearby, but also just blocks from Whole Foods in case you're not up for eating out. Reasonably priced. Couldn't have had a nicer stay.

Room Tip: While they're renovating, ask front desk about getting a room away from the interior work.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Samcat1

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Madison. We hope to see you again soon!